- January 24, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Health Project Manager – Afmadow/Dhobley – Open to Somali Nationals Only
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Save the Children has been working in Somalia for more almost 70 years. The Country Office has 650 staff across 14 field offices (Boroma, Burao and Hargeisa in Somaliland; Bosasso, Garowe, Galkayo and Gardo, Beletweyne, Adaado, Abudwak, Baidoa, Kismayo, Dhobley and Mogadishu). In 2020, with an annual spent of US$117 million, we reached more than 3.3 million people through our humanitarian and longer-term development work in Child Survival (Health, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH)); Education; Child Poverty Reduction; Child Protection; and Child Rights Governance.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Field Manager with technical line management to the CHASP National Program Manager and the Area Health Program Manager for Southern States.
Number of direct reports: : 1 Health Officer, 1 Nutrition Officer, 1 EPI Officer, 1 HMIS officer, 1 IYCF supervisor.
The Project Manager will provide overall technical, managerial and coordination support to the project teams implementing emergency and developmental programs in Jubbaland State of Somalia. In collaboration with the Programme Managers & Field Manager, the project manager will be the budget holder for the health grants in Jubbaland state and will provide strong budget management role. Key functions of this role will include technical joint planning of the project interventions, oversight in implementation, monitoring of the intervention, consolidation of the donor reports, stakeholder engagement and budget management. The project manager is also expected to promote and disseminate best practices, documenting achievements and lessons learned from project and carried out project implementation out in line with Save the Children country strategic plans and MoH health sector plans & guidelines. The project manager will be expected to be conversant in emergency programming with focus on AWD/ cholera outbreaks, COVID 19 programming and overall skills in humanitarian response. health, nutrition.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Nursing, Medicine, or Public Health from an accredited University. Master’s in Public Health will be an added advantage. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Health Progarmme management role.
- Previous experience in coordinating, implementing and managing complex emergency and Development project with INGO’s in developing countries and/or IDPs settings.
- Experience in situation analysis, rapid need assessments and program implementation.
- Ability to support and build capacity of staff through performance management, mentoring and coaching
- Excellent skills in monitoring and implementation of integrated emergency programme activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively to the field, under sometimes difficult and occasionally insecure circumstances.
- Experience in grant management and proposal writing process is preferred.
- Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook and the internet.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure, exercise flexibility and adaptability to transition.
- Commitment to Save the Children’s Child safeguarding and Protection Policy
- Experience in the local Jubbaland context will be an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in Child Right Programming approach
- Knowledge of the Somalia health system.
- Experience in clinical facilitation of trainings like IMCI, EMONC, MISP
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
Application will be close on 2nd February 2022
We need to keep children safe, so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS42OTUxMy4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20