- March 7, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Country Programme: Ukraine
Base: Kyiv with frequent travels to Sloviansk and field offices
Reports to: Programs Director
Line Managing: MEAL Team
About PIN Ukraine:
People in Need (PIN) is a Czech Republic-based NGO globally working in the relief and development sectors. PIN has been active in Ukraine since early August 2014 and the humanitarian program has been rapidly expanding since then. Currently, PIN is one of the major humanitarian and aspiring development actors in eastern Ukraine providing neutral and independent humanitarian aid to conflict-affected people, as well as early recovery and development assistance in the east of Ukraine.
The PIN representative office is located in Kyiv. PIN’s field office in Sloviansk functions as the main base for PIN’s humanitarian operations in the government-controlled area and supporting office for the PIN field office in Stakhanov. The total volume of the current programs is 7 million USD, funded by ECHO, EU, BHA, UHF and Czech MFA. PIN is providing assistance to the conflict-affected populations and other most vulnerable within the Shelter/NFI, WASH, Food Security and Livelihoods and Protection sectors. Currently, in the context of eastern Ukraine, PIN seeks to achieve a smooth transition – where possible – from emergency humanitarian assistance towards early and longer-term recovery, stabilization and peacebuilding efforts in the region. Humanitarian aid will continue to be provided to the most vulnerable people affected by the conflict, notably along both sides of the contact line and in non-government-controlled areas (NGCA).
About the role:
Under the strategic guidance of the Programs Director, the position is responsible for the overall coordination of all MEAL related processes and activities across PIN’s Country Programme in Ukraine; lead the MEAL department in developing quality MEAL related deliverables in compliance with donors’ guidelines and PIN’s internal guidelines. The lead role and responsibilities in MEAL will be performed in close collaboration with the Emergency Coordinator, Heads of Projects, Technical Leads, Grants and Reporting Manager, Desk Officer and HQ-based advisors, in particularly with Programme Quality Advisor.
These will be your main tasks:
Lead the monitoring, evaluation duties and assist in accountability and learning processes at the Country Programme:
- Lead implementation of the ethical principles in all MEAL processes
- Draft and regularly update MEAL CP workplan, validate it with stakeholders
- Promote and strengthen the understanding of the importance of MEAL within the organization.
Ensure technical, programmatic or strategic consultancy in MEAL assignments to the program team:
- Set up an adequate monitoring and evaluation system applicable for the whole Country Programme
- Ensure implementation of high-quality MEAL process and ensure delivery of adequate MEAL products at the Country Programme.
- Manage and supervise MEAL team at the Country Programme
- Support in beneficiary verification and assist in preparing tools for data collection;
- Support implementation of electronic, mobile data collection systems and tools in MEAL processes (e.g. KoBo).
Support internal learning, capacity building and facilitate quality improvement in relation to domain of MEAL:
- Carry out or assist in trainings, learning events in regards to MEAL and contribute to MEAL team members capacity development, including trainings for enumerators and MEAL officers.
- Promote internal learning via sharing findings from MEAL activities and reflection on lessons learned related to MEAL domain.
Establish appropriate MEAL structures;
Verify, consult, participate and assist in establishing the division of roles at the Country Programme in Ukraine between MEAL and other staff.
Lead the MEAL processes and manage staff in tasks related to MEAL:
- Review existing structure dedicated to MEAL; set objectives for the employees; assess the workload and performance of MEAL employees.
- Facilitate recruitment of staff dedicated for MEAL processes.
- Update job description of MEAL staff and in cooperation and support of Programs Director and Emergency Coordinator
- Contribute to proposal writing to ensure resources for MEAL tasks/processes, including the relevant budgeting of MEAL necessary costs.
What you should fulfill:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in social development, social studies or equivalent
- Experience in the NGO field with a focus on civil society development or emergency programs
- Minimum 5 years of management and/or MEAL experience
- Experience with transfer of knowledge, organizing trainings or mentoring
- Planning & Organizing – Ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities
- Good communication (spoken and written) skills, including ability to explain and present complex information and prepare written documents/communications in a clear, concise style
- Ability to undertake regular field visits
- Teamwork – Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Excellent command of English.
What we can offer:
- Work experience with professional and flexible NGO, the largest one in Central-Eastern Europe
- Accommodation and local transport cost covered
- 2 flights to home country covered per year
- Cost of visas and Vaccination covered
- 25 days of Holidays per year
- Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available on-line
- Travel Insurance
- Participation in enriching annual meetings off all senior staff field in Prague
- Extra benefits for long term employees
- Sick days
- E-learning platform
- Language courses available
How to apply
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV and short cover letter (no longer than 4 pages altogether) via this application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of Conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).