- January 7, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH ADVISOR – Filipino Nationals Only
The Environmental Health Advisor is responsible for the overall leadership and technical oversight in the design and delivery of Save the Children Philippine’s (SCP) program and advocacy work on Environmental Health (EH) and sustainability including Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) under our Health and Nutrition portfolio, School Health and Nutrition (SHN) under our Education portfolio, and mainstream Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation.
The post is responsible for ensuring that the principles of risk reduction and resilience including climate resilience are incorporated in the organization’s work on EH and SHN. The post should be cognizant of all the relevant organization and international standards that should guide program design and delivery on EH and SHN in all context and settings.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* At least 7 to 10 years of experience in developing, implementing and/or managing Public Health particularly Environmental Health, Child Health and Nutrition incorporating Climate Change
* Master’s degree in Environment, Public Health, or equivalent experience
* Familiarity and experience with globally-accepted standards and practices on Environmental Health, Environmental Management, Child Health and Nutrition.
* Proven ability to develop concept papers and project proposals, and support implementation.
* Proven ability of providing technical assistance including capacity building, training, mentoring and coaching.
* Can deal with various levels of stakeholders – from decision-makers at the national level to field-level practitioners
* Experience in developing and negotiating successful partnerships with institutional and private/corporate donors
* Has proven skills in program development and design, training design and delivery, and community facilitation processes, and networking and influencing
* Excellent oral and written communication skills; Able to articulate ideas and concepts clearly verbally and in writing
* Computer literate and adept in the use of MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
* Highly organized, with good attention to detail and developed ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines and organize work
* Can work well in highly stressful situations; able to manage multiple competing tasks, prioritize deliverables and meet reasonable deadlines
* A team player, willing to work long hours toward the attainment of program objectives and deliverables
* Understands and believes in Save the Children’s mission and vision; commits to its objectives and including the application of rights-based approaches; willing to adopt Save the Children’s methodology and framework
* Politically, culturally, gender sensitive and inclusive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
* Willing to travel within and outside the Philippines
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS42Njk0OC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20