- December 16, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Windle International Somalia/Somaliland (WISOM) is a registered non-governmental organization and a member of Windle International in the UK with oversight support and coordination by Windle International Kenya. WISOM was founded with the belief that good education was essential if Africa was to meet the challenges it faced. WISOM specializes in education projects.
Windle International Somalia/Somaliland in partnership with UNHCR implements the tertiary scholarship programme (DAFI) throughout Somalia.
WISOM is seeking a suitable candidate to fill the position of an Academic Programme Officer based in Garowe.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Academic Programme Officer is responsible for coordinating the delivery of tertiary academic programs offered by WISOM in partnership with UNHCR. S/he works towards promoting student success and student retention by advising and mentoring the students with the primary objective of assisting students with making informed decisions concerning their educational goals.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Overall coordination and implementation of the scholarship programme in collaboration with students; education staff and partners
- Coordinate a feedback mechanism for students to report any challenges they are facing
- Facilitate establishment of a mentoring program
- Provision of resources to assist students in understanding academic regulations, policies, procedures, and programs
- A university degree in Education
- At least two years of experience in the field of education – experience in administration and academic advising in post-secondary education is an asset
- Mastery of office software (MS Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Very good proficiency in communicating in English and Somali both in written and spoken form
- Demonstrated ability to write reports
- Demonstrated effectiveness in advising and coaching students
- Current resident in the area of application
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your résumé with a covering letter through the following link https://forms.gle/tyzcaY9gPHvzW49c9
Deadline for applications is Monday 3rd January 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. **
Windle International – Somalia/Somaliland selection processes reflect our commitment to equal opportunity regardless of one’s gender, disability, religion or ethnic affiliation. We work in schools and are committed to safeguard children from abuse. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.