- October 21, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 34,000+ staff members in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds… a family gets water… a hungry child is fed… a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Technical Director, TSO-Health and Nutrition, you will lead a team of technical experts to ensure that Global Centre, Field, Regional, and Support Offices and external clients receive the best quality and timely technical services as a critical input for World Vision’s strategy realization.
You will provide technical support, manage sector’s portfolio of projects and execute quality assurance and control of key deliverables. You will ensure professional development for technical advisors for an optimal balance of team’s sector expertise, programming design and execution, grant acquisition and management, monitoring and evaluation, etc.
You will be a core member of the Technical Service Organization’s (TSO) Leadership Team and collaborate on the strategic thinking and execution of key initiatives for TSO to maintain operational excellence aligned with strategy and financial sustainability. You will collaborate closely with other leaders in the partnership including Sector Leaders to ensure programming contributes to strategy realization.
- Master’s degree in the sector expertise area.
- Leaders in their field, 10-15 years (min) field and/or organizational level experience in the relevant sector/enabling area(s).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a senior leadership position in the humanitarian industry.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the provision of technical support in the humanitarian industry.
- Strong experience in grants acquisition and management with a variety of actors, including: bilateral and multilateral donors, trusts, foundations, private sectors etc.
- In-depth knowledge of humanitarian, development, technical sector and advocacy related issues.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
How to apply
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date of 10 NOV, 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
*Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (US state or country) where WVI is registered to operate.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.