- March 7, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world.
DRC is seeking a highly qualified and dynamic professional to serve as Supply Chain Manager for Emergency Response in DRC Ukraine.
Under the supervision of the Head of Support Services, Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for the effective implementation of logistics/procurement systems and functions within geographical area in order to provide a rapid and quality emergency response. Will supervise the implementation of the logistics strategy for emergency programs.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Develop the mission’s emergency response logistics strategy
- Supervise the implementation of the supply strategy for emergency programs and validate the steps according to DRC Operations Handbook.
- Ensure the proper and smoothly process in import/export of goods via flight or sea port.
- Facilitate the procurement, storage and transportation of programme goods and supplies to the field.
- Provide advises and support to the Program Managers for all distribution matters.
- Define transport means adapted to the needs of projects associated with the mission and makes sure that the funding of this transport is possible
- Actively contributes to the opening and the closing of base(s) and potential redeployment. Supports the potential Area/Base Managers in the organization of logistics factors (installing equipment, building research etc).
- Lead and manage the Logistics and procurement team (including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
To be successful in this role we expect you to have minimum 7 years of experience in humanitarian logistics management within the field of supply chain management, fleet management, asset management, and distribution support and at least 3 years’ experience with people management. Experience working in an (I)NGO, especially in complex emergency settings.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with service providers and contractors’ management
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word & Excel, as well as experience working with an ERP system
- Experience with standard procurement procedures and documentation.
- Experience with construction and site project management
- Experience with auto mechanics or electrical installations
- Full professional proficiency in English; fluency in Russian/Ukrainian highly appreciated
- Previous experience in Ukraine is an asset
Contract length: 6 months, with possibility of further extension based on available funding and context developments
Duty station: to ve determined
Start date: ASAP
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
How to apply
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Please apply by following the link Supply Chain Manager (Emergency Response) – Application Form (hr-manager.net)
Closing date for applications: March 13, 2022. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, candidates will be contacted on the rowing basis as the position should be filled ASAP.