- March 17, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months with the possibility of extension
About the company:
People in Need (PIN) is a non-governmental, non-profit, international organization founded in the Czech Republic in 1992. From 2009 onwards, PIN has added development programmes to its work in Moldova, building a vision and practices that keep people and communities at the centre of our work.
Throughout its presence in the country, PIN has been contributing to the development of following sectors: Sustainable Livelihood and Environment, Social Inclusion and Protection, Good Governance and recently also Emergency Response.
The Shelter Coordinator primary focus is to identify and implement Shelter/refugee camp activities in Moldova, ensuring quality programming that responds to the needs of vulnerable people. S/he is expected to continually validate and adopt the operation to field reality. The Coordinator will also ensure strong collaboration and coordination with other stakeholders, especially at the field level. The Shelter Coordinator reports to the Emergency Coordinator based in Moldova and works closely with other relevant PIN Managers and Coordinators. The Shelter Coordinator represents PIN in coordination with stakeholders such as local administration and other actors involved in the sector activities. S/he may represent PIN in cluster and sub-cluster meetings at the national/regional levels if required.
- plans and implements the projects in collaboration with the Emergency Coordinator and Emergency Programme Quality Advisor.
- manages field staff and supervises implementation of the projects.
- assists in ensuring that project activities are aligned with donor commitments, humanitarian standards, with sensitivity to the needs of program beneficiaries.
- continuously informs the management about progress in project implementation, prepares reports about the situation in field
- ensures project activities continue in absence of the Emergency Coordinator.
- assists in verifying data, data collection, for projects, planning and reporting,
- collects relevant information from local communities.
- assists field staff in meetings with beneficiaries as part of ad-hoc monitoring;
- supports Emergency Coordinator in meetings with representatives of authorities, other NGOs, clusters/UN;
- provides assistance to the implementing partners (i.e. local administration, community groups)
- archives acquired and entrusted documents and materials in proper manner
- takes on other duties when assigned by Emergency Coordinator
- Master’s degree
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience
- English language, Russian language is a strong advantage
- Experience in implementing humanitarian/development projects.
- Proven capacity to coordinate staff.
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
- Approachable, good listener, builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, team members and external partners including at community level
- Ability to create a team environment and coordinate with other departments
- Ability to manage time, prioritize tasks, respond quickly to requests
- Reliable and self-reliant personality
People in Need offers:
- Salary as per PIN salary scale (per diems included): 3200 – 3600 EUR, depending on the seniority grade;
- Accommodation allowance
- 25 days of paid leave annually;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work according to PIN’s policy;
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure;
- Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available online;
- Travel health insurance and 24/7 medical helpdesk;
How to apply
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV and short cover letter (no longer than 4 pages altogether) via this application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of Conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).