- November 25, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
CRS JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Senior Project Officer, Partnership
Reports To: Project Manager, Cash
Country/Location: Greece, Athens
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
As a Senior Project officer, you will facilitate the achievement of project objectives through coordinating and reporting on all project activities and providing technical guidance and advice to staff and implementing partner(s) advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your coordination and relationship management skills will ensure that the project for which you are responsible applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
- Organize and lead the implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
- Ensure project documentation for assigned activities is complete with all required documents and is filed per agency and donor requirements. Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and documentation of case studies and promising practices.
- Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle. Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and guiding partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences. Analyze implementation challenges and report any inconsistencies and/or gaps to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Coordinate and oversee working relationships with key local project stakeholders and serve as the liaison between them and the project team to mobilize local actors and promote project activities and impact. Ensure strong communication with partners and local actors, including overseeing distribution processes and providing guidance, coaching, and/or training as needed.
- Develop partner-specific implementation plans and provide input into Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs) and associated documents, including developing technical manuals for partner staff. Support timely implementation of activities with partners through holistic support model.
- Lead the development of technical trainings (in-person and/or remotely) for partners on SoPs and other project guidelines and assist with training needs.
- Supervise and perform ad-hoc inspections of various processes with partners at project sites to ensure timely project activities implementation and adherence to established process standards and procedures. Ensure proper tracking of resource use for project activities through periodic budget reviews and follow-up with and assistance to implementing partner.
- Support and coordinate capacity building and technical support activities to ensure assigned project activities are implemented per project guidelines and standards.
- Coordinate provision of any logistical and administrative support to staff and partners.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree in International Relations would be a plus. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of work experience in project support, ideally in the field of humanitarian response or refugee integration and for an NGO.
- Experience working with stakeholders at various levels and strengthening community partnerships.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience working with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented.
- Attention to details, accuracy, and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to contribute to written reports.
Required Languages: Greek and English.
Travel: 30% at project start-up, 10% subsequently.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: CRS Programming Teams.
External: Caritas Athens, Ministry of Migration and Asylum, other Humanitarian stakeholders.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfil his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer; CRS is always looking for qualified, diverse and compelling candidates to join our agency and support our great work.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Please note that applications will be continuously reviewed, and CRS reserves the right to close the vacancy before the deadline once a suitable candidate is identified.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by sending their CV and Cover Letter in English with email to GRE_HumanRecources@crs.org, mentioning in the subject line the title of the position “Senior Project Officer Partnership”. The deadline is November 28th, 2021.