- February 24, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Global Assurance supports the Boards of various Save the Children entities [including, but not limited to, Save the Children International (SCI), Save the Children Fund (SCUK) and Save the Children Federation Inc (SCUS)] and the management of these organizations by evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of the governance, risk management, control and oversight systems in place.
The role holder will also be required to support Global Assurance’s broader strategic aims and will primarily be focused on the delivery of the internal audit plan for SCI and, where necessary, for other Save the Children Member organizations. They will be expected to confidently and capably act as the lead for, or be part of, a team delivering high quality, outcomes-focused internal audit assignments, reviews, investigations, and other work assigned to them to agreed professional standards and stakeholder expectations, on time and within budget. Where required, they will be expected to work closely with other assurance providers within Save the Children and external co-sourced providers such as consultants and professional services firms.
They will be expected to produce high-quality, value-adding audit reports in English, and other GA products in English and French that are clear, concise, timely, and solutions-driven. Leading by example, they will also be expected to maintain strong professional relationships across the organization, working in real partnership with their team and across the business, ensuring that they keep up-to-date with changes and events that have a significant impact on the risk profile of actual as well as potential assignments. The role holder will also be expected to contribute to the development and implementation of any Global Assurance improvement plans.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* Be a qualified internal auditor (IIA) or accountant; preferably with IT experience
* Have relevant experience in operational areas of risk to which Save the Children – primarily SCI – is exposed
* Strong experience in conducting risk-based reviews of systems and processes (with a sound understanding of the three lines of defense model), identifying weaknesses and areas of improvement with minimum supervision and support
* A demonstrable ability to focus on key issues, enabling auditees to focus on crucial matters of control and oversight
* Be highly accurate, detail-orientated, and able to complete multiple projects, with conflicting priorities, on a timely basis
* Have strong experience in producing high quality effective written communication e.g. reports, in English; and have exceptional communication skills and can articulate effectively at all levels
* Have exceptional communication skills and can articulate effectively at all levels (in English and French)
* Have strong interpersonal communication and coaching skills including a demonstrable ability to deliver difficult messages with tact and confidence.
* Be willing to undertake a high amount of travel overseas and work with minimum supervision under difficult conditions in some of the most underdeveloped, insecure, and remote parts of the world
* Have a strong cultural awareness and be able to work well with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures; and be able to demonstrate standards of ethics and integrity
* Be committed to Save the Children’s values
* Have relevant experience in IT audit preferably cybersecurity, data protection, business continuity
* Have experience in evaluating systems and processes, identifying weaknesses and areas of improvements
* Have extensive experience in relevant operational areas (e.g. in program/project management in an INGO context) and be willing to learn the appropriate audit skills
* Have INGO experience or have worked in a commercial/public sector international organization
* Have some experience with grant requirements of major donors such as USAID, EC/ECHO, DfID, and the UN
* Have a financial analysis aptitude
* Have some experience with Agresso financial software
* Have skills in data mining and analytics
This post is on a permanent work-from-home arrangement.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS40MTgyNi4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20