- December 7, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Macfadden, part of PAE, is seeking a Response Support Unit (RSU) Team Lead to supervise junior- and mid-level staff providing administrative, programmatic, and operational support to USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) through the Humanitarian Assistance Support Contract. BHA leads and coordinates the U.S. Government’s humanitarian assistance efforts overseas in response to natural disasters and protracted crises. The bureau also supports early recovery efforts that restore and protect basic systems and services and invests in risk reduction programs that prevent or reduce risks associated with chronic and recurrent hazards.
The RSU Team Lead reports to the RSU Senior Team Lead, task order program manager, and/or deputy program managers. The RSU Team Lead works closely with other Macfadden team leads and PAE Recruiting. Externally, the RSU Team Lead works closely with client leadership within USAID/BHA, particularly with BHA’s geographic offices.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
Education: Bachelor’s degree with 8 years of experience or Master’s degree and 6 years of experience
Experience: Minimum one year of team oversight, determining strategic objectives for a group, or other management experience required. Familiarity with BHA award-making and award management processes preferred, but not required.
- Possess excellent judgment and reliability,
- Have strong organizational skills and superior attention to detail,
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite, and
- Be able to multitask and work under deadlines in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- All aspects of personnel management – Recruitment, onboarding, orientation, staffing, performance reviews, etc.
- Ensure all documentation for timesheets are properly prepared and compliant.
- Provide staff supervision and ensure staff are compliant and adhering to government rules and regulations.
- Maintain good communication and professional relationships with all colleagues and clients.
- Overseeing recruitment, time and attendance, training, scopes of work, performance, and other administrative requirements for unit staff embedded with client teams;
- Communicating regularly with the RSU Senior Team Lead, program manager, and deputy program managers, as well as BHA leadership, on issues related to administrative, programmatic, or operational support;
- Collaborating with client and unit staff to develop staffing plans that fulfill client needs while providing growth opportunities for staff;
- Conducting regular check-ins with unit staff and their client managers to evaluate staff workload and assess performance;
- Creating and regularly updating written guidance and providing other support to ensure unit staff meet contract, BHA, and USAID requirements for travel, training, and other administrative processes;
- Drafting and editing the team’s quarterly reports and other contract-required deliverables; and
- Occasionally marshalling unit staff across BHA offices or divisions in coordination with client leadership to respond to data calls, filing system updates, and similar requests.
Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government issued Secret clearance for the duration of your employment. One of the requirements for a US Government Secret clearance is US citizenship. Only applicants who currently hold an active Secret or higher-level security clearance or who are eligible to receive a Secret security clearance will be considered for this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.