- September 30, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Regional Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) Advisor
If you are a professional with more than 5 years of experience of working internationally in Cash and Voucher Assistance in emergency and development settings, and are interested in joining the independent organization, world-wide leader in the Child Rights sector, this opportunity is for you!
Save the Children International is recruiting an experienced professional to join the organization to serve as Regional Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) Advisor for the Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) Regional Office.
The position could be based in Panamá, Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Nicaragua, or Peru.
In the position, you will provide remote and in-country expertise to support design and implementation of CVA programmes so they are appropriate, timely, accountable to beneficiaries, donor-compliant and cost-effective, across the region. You will use your in-depth contextual understanding, technical and operational expertise, and relationship building skills to provide a critical link between Save the Children’s global and country level technical work while supporting response preparedness, quality program implementation, and advocacy.
You will contribute to building capacity and fostering networks across country office staff, will support regional advocacy and influencing, and contribute to strategic partnerships for new business development. It provides input into the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems to demonstrate impact, while sharing learning across country offices, and ensuring quality of our programmes. Finally you will work closely with the Cash and Markets Humanitarian Technical Working Group (HTWG) to ensure global and country office experts are collaborating and sharing learning, best practices, and working towards a comprehensive and unified strategic approach to CVA for child outcomes.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, you will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly, either through remote support or through in-country deployments. This role is expected to provide support to both humanitarian and development programmes.
This position is planned to be in a teleworking scheme, due to COVID19. It will include extensive travel throughout the region (up to 50% of time) when the conditions permit to do so safely.
In order to be successful you should bring/have:
- A Master´s degree level qualification or equivalent length of experience in the sector.
- High level of written and spoken Spanish and English
- At least 5 years’ experience of working internationally in Cash & Voucher Assistance in emergency and development settings, for a broad range of institutional donors and sectors
- Understanding of Cash & Voucher Assistance environment in LAC
- Experience with various cash and voucher modalities, including digital, mobile, card, paper voucher, and cash in envelopes
- Previous humanitarian response experience
- Experience in the introduction of internal controls systems to support cash and vouchers delivery in the areas of financial management, logistics, security and programme delivery
- Familiar with the CaLP Programme Quality Toolbox; the Sphere Standards; market tools such as RAM, MIFIRA, MARKit; Household Economy Analysis; and other industry best practices.
- Significant experience in training, capacity building, and mentoring
- Experience of context, capacity and policy analysis, and influencing and advocacy at regional/international level in order to hold duty bearers to account to realise children’s rights.
We offer a competitive international package.
Save the Children employs approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Send us your CV and a cover letter with your application and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://lac.savethechildren.net/es/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c21hcnRpbmV6LjM5MTY3LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ