- March 21, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
As one of the few INGOs with an operational presence in Ukraine, we are already responding with initial life-saving activities in the Donetsk and Luhansk Regions, with the intention to scale-up assistance in the central and western regions of Ukraine. We have also launched a programme to support refugees arriving in Moldova, where we also already have a presence, and are investigating a further response in Poland.
We are now seeking passionate, professional and experienced humanitarian professionals to support our response to the crisis. We are looking for talent which thrives in collaborating with others (inside HelpAge International and beyond) and who can work in agile ways and across boundaries.
Key areas for impact/influence and responsibilities:
The Protection & Mental Health & Psychosocial Support Adviser will provide overall technical advisory support, design, implementation and quality verification to all protection and psychosocial activities across all countries including Ukraine, Poland and Moldova, while also managing the protection work, programme staff and budget in Moldova
- Develop a Protection & PSS service mapping and assessment of service providers and their intervention capacity upon referrals, as well as other PSS -related capacity and resources.
- Provide technical guidance to Health & Protection field staff and teams at all stages of the program cycle (assessments, grant and proposal writing, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation);
- Develop and implement a capacity strengthening strategy, including relevant technical assistance, training and mentoring, to support staff and partner capacity to deliver protection & PSS deliverables
- Provide strategic and operational technical support and advise on protection and PSS-related issues that require immediate action and advocacy
- Develop a sequenced plan for protection & PSS related support (with considerations of who, where and how it will be undertaken and sustained through a mix of approaches and partnerships).
- Work collaboratively in a team of technical specialists and advisors across sectors and cross-cutting issues; Support the development of technical guidance for Health interventions in the Ukraine humanitarian response
- Represent HelpAge International at relevant regional meetings with governmental donor agencies, various UN Agencies, the Health Cluster (and possibly others), as well as conferences and meetings of organizations engaged in protection and psychosocial support.
- Develop appropriate reporting systems for data collection, analysis and follow up and support with donor reporting on protection & psychosocial support activities
- Assist the MEAL team and provide any technical support required during MEAL activities related to protection & psychosocial support activities
Lets talk about you:
You will be someone with:
- At least 5 years humanitarian experience working in protection and Psychosocial support
- Minimum 5 + years’ experience in setting up, implementing, and supervising high quality mental health and psychosocial programs (with a protection lens).
- The ability to effectively analyse complex problems and find solution that would have a positive impact on the lives of older people and their families
- Good written and spoken English
- Strong communication, interpersonal and representation skills and previous experience of networking with other organisations involved in protection & psychosocial support.
- Proven experience in capacity building
- Ability to work in a fast paced and stressful environment
- Fluent spoken and written Russian. Ukrainian or Romanian would be an added advantage
- Previous experience of working in Eastern Europe and/or Ukraine
- Previous experience of working with older people
How to apply
Please send CV and cover letter to Helpage-HR@helpage.org
Due to the urgent need to fill this position we will be shortlisting as and when we receive applications