- January 3, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects internationally on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
GRC is looking for an experienced Project Manager (m/f/d) Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Capacity Building, Philippines.
The delegate will be responsible for a joint project with Philippine Red Cross Society (PRC) project – Empowering Philippine Institutions and communities in Disaster Risk Reduction and Management (EPIC DRRM)- The project is funded by The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, BMZ) and GRC.
The GRC has a long-standing bilateral cooperation with the Philippine Red Cross Society and supports PRC projects in the field of organisational development/ capacity building and disaster risk management in urban and rural contexts. The Delegate is working under the leadership of the GRC Head of Office (HoO) in Manila and will be part of an experienced team of delegates and local staff.
Duration: 12 months, starting asap, preferably February 2022
Location: Manila, Philippines with regular travel to project locations in the Philippines
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Management of the DRR and Capacity Building project in close cooperation with the PRC as national counterpart and implementing partner.
- Secure full project cycle management (PCM) and timely reporting to GRC HQ and its back-donors.
- Budget oversight and management.
- Coordination with relevant PRC departments and other Red Cross Societies working in the DRR sectors in the country.
- Liaise and maintain a close working relationship with different government departments, scientific institutions, NGOs and civil society to ensure a smooth linkage between GRC and other organisations on DRR related matters.
- Provide technical support to the PRC project team in the NHQ and chapters for the project.
- Enhance the existing DRR and Capacity Building approach of GRC in the Philippines and extend the current activities in this sector including identification and formulation of new projects together with the GRC HoO.
- In case of disasters take on project management responsibilities for short-term relief activities if required.
- Strong project management skills, particularly PCM and participatory methods with a minimum of three years’ experience in the international humanitarian sector
- Experience in implementing and managing donor funded projects (preferably BMZ; EU)
- Good understanding of key DRR issues as well as the linkages to relief and development programmes and experience in implementing projects in these sectors
- Experience in capacity building and working with local organisations and government agencies, ideally within the RC/RC movement
- Strong financial and narrative reporting skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in multi-cultural environments and teams
- Ability and agreement to adhere to the Red Cross Red Crescent fundamental principles
- Readiness to go on assignment without partner
- Oral and written fluency in English, German is of advantage
- Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process ‘working abroad under specific climate and health conditions’
- Valid Driving Licence
Residents and citizens are encouraged to apply.
You will be part of a highly motivated professional and multicultural team. We offer you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC, an expatriation allowance during your mission as well as a personal allowance to cover your accommodation. In addition to a full insurance package GRC is covering a home flight within a 12-months period of assignment. You will benefit from a comprehensive training package and receive briefings and coaching prior as well as during and after your mission. Medical check-ups and Psychosocial Support Service are included in your assignment.
How to apply
Kindly apply by submitting your application until January 13.01.2022.
We point out that the selection and nomination processes for this international delegate position may demand that information concerning your person be shared with involved Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement partners (IFRC, ICRC, National Society). This may include transmission into countries that do not apply data protection standards comparable to those of the European Union.