POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN PUBLIC HEALTH
Public health is about preventing disease, prolonging life and promoting health through the efforts of society. Whether you are already a working professional in this area, or new to the subject, this Post-Graduate Public Health programme is the ideal for those wishing to address today’s problems in public health. The programme provides students with an understanding of how different scientific disciplines can be used to investigate and then develop the best professional practice in epidemiology, public health and the social science of health.
The enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of health is one of the fundamental rights of every human being without distinction of race, religion, and political belief, economic or social condition. For centuries, public Health throughout the world has been recognized as having a concern for the health of humans. It has also been recognized that the treatment of illness in individual is different than public health’s focus on preventing disease and protecting the health of a population.
In addressing the issue, this course will cover the following modules
- Introduction to Public Health Principles and Practice
- Public health: The population health approach
- Evidence-based public health
- Public health data and communications
- Social and behavioral sciences
- Primary Health care
- Community based rehabilitation.
- Supervision and community based data collection.
- Disaster and epidemics management
- Planning the implementation and evaluation of Public Health programmes.
- Communication skills in Public Health
- Health communication.
- Being in contact with patients
- Communication during campaigns
- Human anatomy and physiology
- Communicable and non-communicable Diseases
- Aetiology, transmission, epidemiology, prevention and control of communicable diseases.
- Diarrhea diseases. .
- Mycobacterial infections.
- Sexually transmitted diseases. Human Immunodeficiency Virus/Acquired Immuno- Deficiency Syndrome (HIV/AIDS).
- Emerging disease threats. Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and Avian flu.
- Epidemiology, prevention and control of non-communicable diseases.
- Respiratory diseases.
- Renal disorders
- Dental disorders.
- Metabolic disorders.
- Neoplastic disorders, Cardiovascular disorders, Pyschiatric disorders
- Epidemiology and principles of clinical research
- Public Health in a Global Context
- What is global health: Key concepts, successes and challenges
- Gender, wellbeing and global health
- Calamity and connections
- Infectious Diseases
- Infectious diseases: Global burden, costs, and trends
- Vaccine controversies
- HIV Sex Education: Closing the gap between knowledge and practice
- Chronic Diseases
- Chronic disease: Global burden, costs, and trends
- Health law, policy, and ethics
- Poverty and health
- Health Education,& Medical Education Methodology
- The concepts of health education and promotion.
- Socio-cultural factors in health education.
- Environment and health.
- Methods in health education.
- Instructional methods and research.
- Types of evaluation and evaluation methods.
Module 11: Research paper
- You will be required to choose a research topic, share it with the moderator, upon agreement write a proposal, after that do corrections plus writing chapters three, four and five of the whole paper. Guidelines will be provided on the format preffered by the institute.
Module 12: Final examination
Minimum entry requirements
Common regulations governing Post-Graduate Diplomas shall be applicable.
The following shall be eligible for admission.
- a) Holders of a Bachelors degree from a recognizable University
- b) Holders of an equivalent qualification from any other recognizable Institution.
- a) The Entire course Duration is one Year (2 semesters)
- b) Candidates shall be expected to Submit 10 Assignments (Continuous Assessment test) that Account to 70 % of their Work and a Project Paper at the Tail end of the course, which accounts to 30 % of the course Work.
Mode of delivery of the proposed programme
Students will access learning materials from our Online learning platform.
Applicants should fill out a detailed Application form and sent it back via email to the undersigned.
DURATION AND COURSE: 1 year
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $1200
ORGANIZERS: Development Dimensions Africa
LANGUAGE: English only
Kindly confirm your participation with:
Online Training Coordinator
Development Dimensions Africa