- February 9, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
MSI Reproductive Choices is one of the world’s leading providers of sexual and reproductive healthcare. We believe that everyone should have the right to choose. From contraception to safe abortion and life-saving post-abortion care, we are committed to delivering compassionate, affordable, high-quality services for all.
Today, our organisation has over 9,000 team members working in 37 countries across the world. Our success lies in the fact that MSI teams are locally led, entrepreneurial and results-driven, and are passionate about delivering high quality, client-centered care in their own communities. As a social business, we focus on sustainable delivery, efficiency, and funding models that are built to last, so that the women and girls we serve today will have a choice in the future too.
We know that access to reproductive choice is life changing. For some, it can mean the ability to complete an education or start a career. For others, it means being able to look after the family they already have. For everyone, it means the freedom to decide their own future, creating a fairer, more equal world.
About the Role
The Legal Adviser will be responsible for a range of general legal work within the LSDC team, including the following: general contractual and legal advice on a wide range of subjects, support on key corporate policies (data privacy in particular), support on MSI’s international governance requirements and advising on a wide range of business/charity/NGO related issues.
The Legal Adviser will be responsible, under supervision of the Senior Legal Manager, of supporting the country programmes of specific regions within the organisation and developing relationships with key stakeholders to assist them with the wide variety of legal needs they may have, in particular contracts, governance, and trademarks.
This is an exciting role offering the possibility to touch on various and diversified legal matters across the globe.
We recruit talented, dynamic people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all united by a belief in our mission and a focus on delivering measurable results. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to creating a fully inclusive workplace, where everyone feels able to participate and contribute meaningfully. You must be open-minded, curious, resilient, and solutions-oriented, and committed to promoting equality, and safeguarding the welfare of team members and clients alike.
To succeed in this role, you must have:
· Contract law experience gained from well-regarded law firm/in-house/charity practice and ability to draft contracts to a high standard – essential
· Data protection experience, in the UK and internationally – essential
· Experience advising on international corporate governance issues – desirable
· Experience in-house or in another INGO or charity – desirable
· Experience project managing and working with external lawyers – essential
· Understanding of UK charity law
· Able to work under pressure
· Confidence and ability to turn hand at short notice to wide range of legal issues
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Excellent organisational skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills / Ability to cut to the most important points and explain and write simply.
We seek exceptional individuals who are aligned to MSI’s mission and entrepreneurial mindset. You must be a strong communicator, self-motivated and solutions-seeking, committed to driving social change in an environment that measures sustainable results and impact at an individual and global level. You must be able to work effectively with and across diverse teams and be comfortable with ambiguity.
· Team player
· Culturally sensitive
· Inspire confidence-be forthright where appropriate, be proactive, take initiative, don’t wait to be asked.
For more information about the role, please view the job framework on our website.
Location: London Support Office, W1T
Part -time: 21 hours a week, days to be determined
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £40,000 – £55,000 pro rata based on experience + discretionary bonus + benefits
Closing date: 23rd February 2022 (midnight GMT). Interviews may take place before this date for exceptional candidates.
How to apply
For more information about the role, please view the job framework on our website: https://careers.msichoices.org/VacancyInformation.aspx?VId=138458