- December 18, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Learning Specialist (U-Learn Learning Hub) – Kampala, Uganda
The U-Learn (LH) is an innovative and exciting project that brings cross-sectoral learning directly to the Uganda refugee response. The Learning Hub works to assure that existing evidence (resources and experiences) are known and used so they can feed into decision making processes, and ultimately lead to changes in policy and practice.
Save the Children International is currently recruiting a Learning Specialist for the LH, based at our Country Office in Kampala. The Learning Specialist will oversee part of the LH portfolio and lead on delivering key learning activities (resource curation, resource development, documentation, convening, research, and actor mapping). S/he will be responsible for planning and overseeing learning activities; adding technical knowledge management, learning, and/or research/resources dissemination/uptake expertise; with a strong quality assurance element.
We are looking for a well-organized professional who enjoys to conceptualise, plan and carry out learning activities. A person who likes overseeing the production of high-quality reports and thinks creatively about other outputs that can make the findings more accessible on the one hand, but who also loves networking, presenting and facilitating at events, and bringing people together on the other hand.
To be successful for this role, you will have/bring the following:
- A Master’s degree in a relevant area (social sciences, development or humanitarian studies, knowledge management or research, communications or any of the relevant technical areas).
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in the knowledge management/learning, research, or project management.
- Vested interest in humanitarian/development nexus, self-reliance and/or refugee participation in the international development or humanitarian context, and work experience with one of the thematic areas: ‘sustainable livelihoods’, ‘private sector engagement’, ‘financial inclusion’, ‘Accountability to Affected population, and ‘climate change’.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to tailor products to audience.
- Strong conceptual skills and proven experience with conceptualization of processes and leading on them (to plan, manage and implement activities)
- Highly developed interpersonal, networking and communication skills.
- Tech savvy with experience with interacting with online platforms and data visualization
- Experience planning and facilitating events and expert knowledge on the use of online tools (such as breakout groups, MentiMenter Polls, Jamboards etc.) to facilitate audience discussion and engagement.
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children. In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children mandates and child focus and ability to ensure this continues to underpin all aspects of work.
- Commitment to the values and mission of Save the Children.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children’s rights and ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards 3 breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. Please apply online by following this link indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been your direct supervisors.
Important to note: Testimonials/certificates SHOULD NOT be attached to application that is submitted online. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted and are therefore not considered during the shortlisting process. Application closes on 14th January 2022 at midnight Uganda time. We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4wMzM4My4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20