- January 11, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Volunteership | 6 months | ASAP
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 38 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 20 million beneficiaries.
Through its coordination office in Amman, ACTED is working in Jordan to meet the needs of the refugee populations in the country, with a shift from lifesaving activities to long-term livelihoods programming. ACTED also provides support to Jordanian host populations and local actors, also affected by the challenges faced by the country, ensuring all can access basic services. In Za’atari camp, Azraq camp and Mafraq, ACTED teams play a key role in the management and coordination of refugee camps, support to informal tented settlement populations and provide emergency assistance to ensure people’s access to food, water and hygiene and sanitation facilities. More broadly, ACTED works with municipalities and community organizations to build capacity and promote sustainable solutions.
You will be in charge of
- Contribute to the development and updating of the consolidated M&E work plan and M&E frameworks for all ongoing projects;
- Contribute to an effective roll-out of M&E collection and reporting systems to all staff and partners through training, site visits, manuals, and other technical support as needed;
- Assist in the development of the ToRs and mission plans and carrying out assessments, monitoring and evaluations (baselines, mid-terms, endlines) as reflected in the ToR and mission plan;
- Assist in the development and implementation of appropriate data collection and analysis instruments, methodologies (e.g. survey questionnaires, focus group discussions, key-informant interviews) and data/information dissemination/utilization plans;
- Assist supervising of data collection activities as reflected in the mission plans;
- Assist maintaining electronic and/or paper-based MIS systems for tracking and reporting all quantitative data and information;
- Analyze AME data and produce reports, factsheets with useful statistical analysis and presentation (charts, tables, histograms, box plots) as necessary in a timely manner;
- Assist measuring and reporting on qualitative and quantitative input, process, output, outcome, impact, objective, and goal-level performance indicators for all projects;
- Contribute to organizing and facilitating learning events in order to capture best practices and lessons learnt when a project closes or as required;
- Assist documentation and sharing the lessons learnt and best practices on time and ensure that the knowledge gained contributes to the improvement of projects and influence the strategic development of future projects and activities;
- Contribute to the implementation of the beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) for the country mission in line with ACTED standard beneficiary CRM procedures;
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members;
- Participate in M&E-related conferences and workshops when possible and stay up to date of best practices and new knowledge created in the field of M&E;
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Expected skills and qualifications
- University Degree in Political Sciences, Public Administration, International Affairs, Economics or a related field (anthropology, sociology, statistics)
- Knowledge of field-based data collection methods
- Design, Monitoring and Evaluation experience in humanitarian/development settings will be an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
Status : volunteer
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse
- Flights tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances
How to apply
Send your application (Resume and cover letter) to email@example.com Ref: MEALV/JOR