- October 13, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements. In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
We are currently working on a bid with a potential client in Somalia.
An International Security Analyst is required to assist the Mission Security Analysis Officer (MSAO). According to the EUCAP Somalia Operation Plan, “the Mission Security Analysis Officer (MSAO) might be reinforced by a security risk analyst.
- Successful completion of university studies of at least 3 years attested by a diploma OR a qualification in the National Qualifications Framework which is equivalent to level 6 in the European Qualifications Framework OR a qualification of the first cycle under the framework of qualifications of the European Higher Education Area, e.g. Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent and attested police or/and military education or training or an award of an equivalent rank, according to NATO standards (OF-1 or above); In addition to the attested academic/military/police education as referred above, the incumbent person should demonstrate at least 4 years of relevant professional experience in security reporting and analysis;
- If the education requirement cannot be met, the incumbent should demonstrate at least 7 years of relevant professional experience in the domain of security reporting and analysis;
- IT and radio literate; conversant with Sat phones (e.g., Iridium, Thuraya) and GPS systems;
- Proficient user in English language (min. level required: C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages);
- Thorough analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Excellent drafting and reporting skills to address diverse audiences; Very good presentations skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail;
- Proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, graphs, etc.) and/or Access, Outlook and knowledge of GIS tools (e.g. Google earth, ArcGis and Tableau etc.
- Be physically able to perform all general duties, functions and activities;
- Total professional experience in the field of security analysis of minimum 7 years.
Specific professional experience
- Prior working experience in international organizations and/or international civilian or military missions is desirable.
- Prior analytical work experience based in Somalia on political and security-related matters, is highly desirable.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.