- November 8, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international charity that supports humanitarian aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services, including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
INSO provides daily support to more than 1000 NGOs operating in 17 of the world’s most insecure countries and has earned a strong reputation for its performance, principles and professionalism.
INSO is a global NGO, registered in the Netherlands with its headquarters based in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
The Human Resources Department has grown to include a Human Resources Director, HR Manager- Compensation & Benefits, HR Manager- Recruitment and a Payroll Officer. We are now looking for a highly organised HR Administrator to join our HQ team in The Hague.
The HR Administrator will support the HR team, especially with recruitments, and provide a high-quality human resources service to managers and employees through efficient administration, record keeping, monitoring and coordination of HR activities. The HR Administrator will report to the HR Manager- Recruitment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ensure vacancies are advertised on the INSO website, relevant humanitarian sector job boards and social media in coordination with the Communications team.
* Procure Vacancy Announcements on paid to post job boards as required
* Support HQ recruitments with the coordination and administration of timed tests.
* Organise the completion of recruitment documents, psychosocial questionnaire and reference checks for all new hires.
* Administer HR updates to the INSO website and Sharepoint, ensuring that information is always up to date and accurate.
* Organise the completion of hiring documents and flag any missing items or issues.
* Manage employment contract administration; ensure contract renewals and amendments are issued on time and filed appropriately with Payroll and HR records
* Assist with payroll duties as necessary.
* Administer and maintain HR records and databases producing and devising regular reports as requested.
* Maintain all staff leave records within the HRIS and produce quarterly management reports highlighting any trends.
* Assist with projects managed by HR Managers and undertake research as necessary.
* Maintain the equal opportunity staff and recruitment records and produce reports/statistics on a quarterly basis for the HR Manager.
* Organise, take notes/ minutes and arrange meetings to support the department
* Ensure that online and hard copy personnel and other HR records are organised and accurate.
* Assist the HR and country Operations teams with internal audit requests
* Maintain the international employee enrolment list with the insurance provider; assist with queries from international staff and the provider
* Be a friendly and efficient first point of contact for international staff queries and forward messages to the relevant HR team member for more complex issues.
* Provide international staff with Work Certificates, Salary Certificates, access to pay slips, etc. as requested.
* Undertake other relevant duties as requested
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* English fluency
* French fluency
* Right to work in the Netherlands/ European Union
* Two years plus experience of HR administration.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
* Knowledge of Dutch employment legislation.
* Experience of maintaining administrative systems, experience creating and/or developing administrative systems a plus.
* Proven administrative and organisational skills.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Computer literate with Intermediate level in Word for Windows, Excel Spreadsheets and Databases.
Nice to Have:
* Experience managing Sharepoint folders.
* Experience with recruitment.
* Experience with HRIS and ATS.
* HR or business qualification.
* Experience managing payroll and contract administration.
* Experience working for a NGO or international organisation.
* Excellent attention to detail
* Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative.
* Flexible approach to work with the ability to juggle many tasks
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal tactfully with people at all levels.
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy:
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process. As such, the following safe recruitment practices will be applied:
* All offers of employment will be conditional on receiving at least two satisfactory professional references.
* INSO will ask candidates about significant gaps in employment history or frequent changes of employer and address.
* All essential qualifications and relevant professional accreditations and memberships will be verified.
* The successful candidate will be required to provide a valid proof of identity (passport, ID card).
* All new hires will receive an orientation in INSO’s safeguarding policy and procedures and associated documents (Code of Conduct, Whistleblowing etc.).
* All new hires will be required to sign and abide by the Code of Conduct as a condition of employment.
Terms & Conditions:
Fixed-term (renewable) full-time contract based in The Hague, Netherlands, €3500 per month, 8% vacation pay (vakentiegeld), 2.5 days annual leave per month.
How to apply
Interested applicants are requested to send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “HR Administrator” in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please include the following in your application:
* An up-to-date CV (2 page maximum).
* A cover letter explaining your motivation and interest in the position. Please explain how you meet the minimum requirements of the role.
Please do not send any additional information (such as copies of certificates, copies of diplomas, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible.