- January 28, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Pact is an international nonprofit that works in nearly 40 countries building solutions for human development that are evidence-based, data-driven and owned by the communities we serve. Founded in 1971, Pact works with partners to build resilience, improve accountability, and strengthen knowledge and skills for sustainable social impact.
Programs – Pact strives for a world where all people are heard, capable, and vibrant. The Programs Team helps realize this objective by bridging program management, technical support, and business development, enabling Pact to achieve its global strategy. We ensure program excellence through continuous learning, monitoring and evaluation and provide organizational and industry-wide thought leadership by leveraging a complementary set of cross-functional, multi-disciplinary skills, expertise, and experiences. The Programs team: influences progressive change through the development and implementation of global and regional strategies and business plans; supports advancement of innovative solutions; pursues new business opportunities; and drives effective internal and external engagement to maximize Pact’s impact across the globe. Across all aspects of its role, the Programs Department adheres to and promotes a culture of inclusion, accountability, and respect.
Pact seeks an experienced HIV Prevention Lead for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Comprehensive High Impact Community Based HIV Prevention, Testing, and Treatment Initiation for Sustained Epidemic Control in Lesotho under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). This project targets HIV prevention, case finding, linkage to care, and continuity in care among at-risk groups through a strengthened HIV response at the community level. This is anticipated to be a five-year activity. This position is contingent upon award.
- Provide technical leadership in developing targeted and evidence-based strategies and interventions to improve the coverage, quality and responsiveness of HIV prevention programming, including behavioral, bio-medical and structural approaches, among at-risk populations in Lesotho.
- Provide technical assistance and mentorship to local implementing partners and facilitate technical capacity assessments in efficacious, evidence-based HIV prevention among local partners in order to identify gaps, technical capacity limitations, and priority technical assistance needs.
- Oversee the development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of HIV prevention activities.
- Monitor and report on HIV prevention quality assessment, improvement, and assurance activities and monitor the latest advancements in HIV prevention, case finding, treatment and care efforts in Lesotho.
- Facilitate problem solving and action planning among stakeholders to address critical challenges and barriers to improving HIV prevention programming and service delivery.
- Contribute to program learning agendas related to HIV prevention and support the analysis, interpretation, and use of HIV data to inform decision-making and programmatic adjustments.
- Oversee development of communications, program materials and messages that promote HIV prevention, testing, and treatment literacy for priority audiences.
- Perform any other prevention duties as assigned by the Deputy Country Director/Technical Program Director.
- Master’s degree in Public Health (with a focus on HIV/AIDS), Social Sciences, or related field.
- At least five (5) years’ experience managing and providing technical leadership on HIV prevention and service delivery programming in the Southern Africa region, including combination prevention approaches.
- Experience working with adolescent and youth populations preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the health context and structural issues in Southern Africa including socioeconomic, institutional and policy issues that are related to essential services in HIV prevention, and adolescent health.
- Demonstrated leadership and technical skills in HIV prevention, applying new prevention technologies, and utilizing effective health promotion approaches.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating HIV prevention quality improvement with CSOs and Government entities at all levels.
- Demonstrated experience in the design and use of training curricula.
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in Southern Africa, preferably in Lesotho
- Fluency in English (excellence in oral and written communication)
- Supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with Lesotho public health sector system, NGOs, and CSOs is highly desirable.
- Lesotho nationals and permanent residents are encouraged to apply.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
How to apply
Please apply to this position by following this link.