- November 10, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
(Applications will be assessed as they arrived, so we encourage potential candidates to apply as soon as possible)
If you are an experienced leader, fully committed with Humanitarian and development principles, and are interested in joining the independent organization, world-wide leader in the Child Rights sector, this opportunity is for you!
Save the Children International is looking for a senior professional to join the organization to serve as COUNTRY DIRECTOR in HAITI.
The position is planned to be based in HAITI with a budget of $5-8 million each year an a team of approximately 100 people.
As a member of the Regional Senior Leadership Team, the Haiti CD will contribute to strategic development and delivery of international programming, in both humanitarian and development contexts, in line with the Save the Children mandate, strategy and theory of change.
- Deliver transformational change in-country.
- Be accountable, and develop the capacity, mentor, and hold staff accountable.
- Ensure the continued financial and programmatic sustainability of Save the Children in Haiti.
- Lead on presenting SC’s activities and achievements to donors, government, and other policy makers.
- Ensure compliance with all host government requirements in relation to registration, taxation, labor law, auditing, fraud etc.
- This role/ holder will be expected to strive for a high-level of professional satisfaction and well-being among Country Office staff.
- The Country Director is accountable for the implementation of and compliance with all aspects of the Safety and Security policy.
- Understand and fulfil responsibilities in achieving compliance of Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy standards.
In order to be successful, you should bring/have:
- Education to degree standard with a professional qualification in a relevant field.
- Experienced leader who has held a senior position in a relatively complex organization.
- Fluency in both French and English is essential.
- Track record in leading and developing senior staff.
- Strategic thinker who is comfortable with developing ambitious business strategies and has a good track record of delivering.
- Ability to manage and motivate self and others to respond to a major crisis, requiring swift action and rapid changes in priorities.
- Attuned political acumen and sensitivity.
- Strong cultural awareness.
This is an international position. We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday.
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Send us your CV and a cover letter with your application and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at Save the Children | Trabaja con nosotros | América Latina y el Caribe
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bXBhZGlsbGEuNDI3NTMuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t