- February 10, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
iMMAP maintains a global surge roster of rapidly deployable technical role profiles in the field of information management and other thematic areas, through which iMMAP provides surge capacity support to emergency operations and development programmes, through various Surge Tools, such as the Standby Partnership Programme.
The iMMAP Global Surge Coordination Officer will work under the direct supervision of the iMMAP Global Partnerships and Surge Coordinator. The position is focused on liaising with all surge related partners and iMMAP deployees while leading the coordination of the secondments and surge deployments.
The iMMAP Global Surge Coordination Officer will work closely with the Global Surge Team members in ensuring the surge deployments occur in a timely and coordinated manner.
Description of Duties
- Coordinate all the iMMAP surge deployment requests, communicate and liaise with SBP Partners as well as iMMAP deployees in ensuring timely and efficient deployments occur.
- Ensure the efficiency of iMMAP SBP deployment process internally to iMMAP (HR, Finance, Security etc.) and externally to iMMAP (deployees and SBP partners).
- Regularly review and Improve the iMMAP Surge SOPs.
- Collect, review, archive and comment on all reporting requirements expected by the iMMAP deployees.
- Lead on the on-boarding and off-boarding processes, including briefings and debriefings for surge deployees, closely with the Surge Finance and Surge HR and Admin Officers.
- Maintain regular contact with all deployed Surge personnel to ensure rapid identification of potential problems in the deployment, personal difficulties, etc. and provide support as required.
- Draft when required internal and external communication and visibility material such as blogs, user stories of deployed personnel and social media content in close collaboration with the iMMAP Communication Team.
- Draft when required internal documentation to improve the understanding of Surge deployments, such as Q&A documentation for deployees and iMMAP staff.
- Act as “Help Desk” for deployees and iMMAP staff in regards to the SBP program and surge deployments.
- Support the Global Partnerships and Surge Coordinator in providing monthly, quarterly and, upon request, performance reports, presentations and activity reports according to donor requirements and HQ needs.
- Support the Global Partnerships and Surge Coordinator in all relevant proposals writing activities to include development of project narrative, concept note, budget, monitoring and evaluation and implementation plan, from donors to the field.
- Relevant Masters level University degree in International Relations, Humanitarian Programmes, Project Management or relevant specialties or demonstrated working experience as an alternative.
- At least 2 years of working experience for international humanitarian and/or development organizations (United Nations and/OR NGOs).
- A background working in not-for-profit, internationally‐focused organizations, and strong coordination skills required.
- Experience in coordination is a must.
- Experience in working within a multi-cultural and diverse environment.
- Experience and appreciation of Information and knowledge management and capacity building programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills which enables the incumbent to effectively communicate across a variety of platforms and continents.
- Strong speaking and writing skills.
- Strong organisation, independent, motivational and professionally driven skills are required.
- A background with experience working remotely is an asset.
- Strong experience and knowledge using Microsoft Office 365 applications (Sharepoint, Word, Teams, Excel, Outlook), Trello and Mail Chimp.
- Strong Project Management skills required.
- Good knowledge of Information Management skills, tools, systems and practices is a value add.
- Proven ability and experience interacting with a wide range of organizations and stakeholders from the UN, Donors, clusters, NGOs worldwide.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Fluent in English and French, is a value add.
This position is fully home based in a time zone location that is + or – 3 hours with Geneva, Switzerland.
The position is expected to be a full-time position renewal based on performance result and funding availability.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How to apply
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/413