- October 7, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Chemonics seeks a finance and operations director for the ongoing USAID’s Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management project (GHSC-PSM) in Angola. The project aims to be the primary vehicle through which USAID will 1) procure and provide health commodities, 2) provide technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and 3) collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives. The finance and operations director will be responsible for assisting the country director with the development and implementation of management systems and supervision of project operations and staff, directly supervising an operations, procurement, transport, and finance staff. S/he will provide oversight of all administrative systems to ensure quality control of project administration. S/he will ensure the coordination and coherence of and adherence to U.S. government regulations and Chemonics’ corporate and field office policies. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Collaborate with PSM country director to (a) ensure that PSM activities and management operations are implemented as per Chemonics Mission, values, policies and standard operating procedures, and local laws and regulations, and (b) to safeguard Chemonics’ reputation – financial, contractual, and political integrity
- Contribute to the development PSM operational plans and budget development and monitoring
- Develop and execute responsive and appropriate management and operational systems in line and compliant with local laws and regulations, Chemonics policies and standard operating procedures, and donor requirements
- Supervise day-to-day financial and administrative operations of the project, including logistics, non-health procurement, budgeting, financial management, security, and compliance
- Ensure compliance with U.S. government regulations, Chemonics’ corporate policies, and Angolan law
- Establish standards and procedures to ensure that the compliance programs throughout the project are effective and efficient
- Ensure operational excellence and planning across departments and activities; update project procedure and policy manuals as required.
- Plan and track financial and administrative activities with home office and field office staff to evaluate needs for implementation; keep the home office up to date on the financial status of the project and the execution of the budget
- Provide oversight of and maintain strong working relationships with local vendors, service providers and sub-contractors
- Monitor local economic situation closely and provide strategic direction to ensure continuity in implementation
- Provide inputs to work plans, reports, budgets and updates to the donor and stakeholders
- Responsible for providing equitable, effective, timely, cost-effective, and responsive and high‐quality operations and administrative support within local laws and available resources, and in an environment with adequate internal controls, adherence to contracts regulations, Chemonics policies and standard operating procedures
- Ensure timely submission of required administrative and financial reports to PSM country director and Home Office-based country team
- Supervise operational staff, including administrative, finance, IT and security personnel
- Coordinate internal/external reviews or audits and ensure timely follow up to reviews or audits conclusions and recommendations
- Supervise project Information Technology activities to ensure appropriate information security processes and appropriate trainings for staff are provided
- Participate in relevant meetings with local counterparts, partners and the donor
- Partake in operational field visits to vendors, project sites to follow up on activities, orders, and procurement
- Provide leadership and talents to business and resource development activities that contribute to the sustainability or expansion of Chemonics’ programs
- Liaise with Home Office country team in Washington on joint efforts.
- Overall responsibility for legal compliance, risk management, and insurance
- Perform other tasks as required by the country director or PSM headquarters
- University degree in business administration, accounting or other relevant discipline or equivalent experience. Master’s degree in relevant discipline strongly preferred
- Minimum of eight years, senior-level experience managing complex health or development programs in developing countries on a similar scale. Significant operations and financial management experience in strongly preferred. Experience managing significant USG/USAID-funded programs and comprehensive knowledge of applicable regulations and requirements. Demonstrated success and experience managing USAID contracts, including strong skills in procurement/subcontracting, compliance, financial management, and client management
- Experience supervising a team or teams, including locally hired personnel; demonstrated experience providing relevant capacity building and training to staff
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills; experience mentoring and supervising staff at all levels within the organization. IT management skills and experience an added advantaged. Demonstrated knowledge of Angolan local context including taxes and labor law.
- Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills demonstrated by ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities with attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining partnerships with other projects, local organizations, host country governments, donors, and international agencies
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, writing skills, and oral presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English and Portuguese. Other languages spoken in developing country contexts a plus
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and finance and operations director in the subject line to AngolaPSMPMU@ghsc-psm.org with email@example.com in copy by 9am EST on October 11, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.