- March 24, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Field Finance Reporting
- Preparation of Monthly cash and bank disbursement journals 30th of every Month
- Preparation of bank reconciliation statements by the close every months
- Review of all cash advances liquidations to ensure correct coding and adequate supporting documentations are attached.
- Review cash books spreadsheet on Monthly basis and ensure the running balance tally with the cash count at all the times including the close of the Month every 30th
- Ensure all program advances are accounted for as per advance policy.
- Ensure that all payment request and disbursements submitted to Finance are paid before the end of the month to ensure they are recorded within the same month they are presented for payment
- Ensure that the financial reports are submitted to finance department on the 1st of every Month
- Ensure that all payments to the vendors are processed on time after approval by the the Field coordinator
- Ensure that signatories on releasing the online payments they also sign on the payment documents
- Incentive Staff Payroll**:-** Coordinate with HR departments in the management of incentive staff payroll and ensure the payments to incentive staff is done time
- Ensuring donor regulations are adhered to for all aspects of the operations
Training & Support
- Assist Finance Manager in training staff on ADA accounting procedures and requirements, and also assists the program staff in finance related issues and activities.
- Assist Finance Manager to train field managers and officers on budget tracking, review burn rates and provide advise if spending is not happening according to plan.
Bank & Cash Management
- Review weekly cash count and ensure that documentary evidence is duly signed by yourself and Finance Manager or the Field Coordinator.
- Ensuring internal control procedures are followed for all cash disbursements, receipts and transfers.
- Maintenance of an accurate and updated cash flow report
- Liaison with vendors to resolve problems of long outstanding Payments
- Preparation of the bank reconciliation for the field office on a monthly basis.
- Working with program staff to help them develop more accurate cash forecasts
- Identifying key issues and weakness in the system and provide recommendations for improving control processes or procedures.
- Identification of procedural or training issues to be addressed to improve the quality of report data.
- Ensuring that the internal controls are adhered to in all areas of operation.
- Working with Finance Manager to assist program staff to prepare grant budgets to support new proposals or realignments also ensuring adequate coverage of field operating costs
- Attend Grant Opening, BvA review and Closing Meetings when nominated to do so and also in the absence of Finance Manager
- Ensure that all accruals at grant closure are accurate, valid and are promptly liquidated.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and CPA II.
- Computer literate with significant experience in excel, accounting packages & SUN system will be an added advantage.
- The candidate should be mature, with stable personality and ability to maintain confidentiality.
Required Experience & Competencies
- Good written and verbal skills in the English language.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills;
- Ability to work in and as a team.
How to apply
To apply the above job please send your CV and cover letter to email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th March 2022/or submit it to ADA’s Ceelwaaq office. Due to large number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Active in Development Aid is an equal opportunity employer and considers all the applicants on the basis of merits without regards to age, sex, disability, colour, nationality, religion.