- April 4, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Who we are?
VIYA Health Enterprises is a private limited company which seeks to sustainably meet the needs of women along the sexual reproductive journey, removing the pains related to access to trusted information, products, and services.
Our vision is to allow women to access information, products, and services with ease, by utilizing an Omni channel strategy to strengthen quality information, expand choice, and address barriers to uptake of products and services women need.
We are looking for a motivated and detail oriented Finance and Procurement Administrative Officer in Kenya to join our awesome team, who is passionate about understanding and meeting the needs of women!
Reporting to the Business Development Lead, you will be responsible for the day-to-day tasks in the finance and procurement departments. You will ensure accurate data entry for all procurement and finance transactions, update financial records, prepare requests for quotations or proposals, conduct bids analysis, raise purchase requisitions, process invoices and submit requests for payments.
What are we looking for?
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related fields from a recognized institution of higher learning
• Professional certification – CPA 2 and above
Skills and Experience
• 1 year work experience desirable
• Experience working with any ERP system.
• Excellent IT skills
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to influence and communicate effectively
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
Timely payments for vendors, service providers and utilities
• Receipt of invoices and bills from various suppliers, vendors or utility companies
• Review of invoices received to ensure that the same has not been previously paid
• Prepare payment voucher on a timely basis ensuring accurate coding is maintained
• Accurate posting of documents, PRF’s , LPO’s, GRN’s, invoices and payment vouchers once approved
• Actively follow up on delayed invoices for approval posting and settlement
Processing of staff payroll and consultant payments
• Prepare statutory payments (WVAT, WHT) and payroll liabilities (PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, Pensions, Sacco & Welfare) and ensure confirm receipt within set timelines.
• Receive approved consultants, locum payment, and staff final dues payment requests
• Review documentation to ensure that contract, PIN number, bank details, consultants report are attached
• Ensure full recovery of outstanding debts from staff final dues
• Prepare payment voucher on a timely basis whilst ensuring accurate coding
• Remit statutory deductions to relevant government bodies immediately
Expenses and Reimbursements
• Receipt of expense and reimbursement claims from staff and third party partners
• Verify accuracy of report and prepare expenditure worksheet
• Post expenses on expenditure worksheet on QuickBooks
• Prepare reimbursement request for approval promptly
Management and reconciliation of staff receivables
• Receive staff advance requests, update request with information required and send for approval
• Prepare payment requisition on receipt of approved request, ensuring timeliness and accuracy in coding and submit for necessary approval
• Generate accurate and fully supported documents for EFT payment
• Review and post approved surrender documents accurately and on a timely basis and allocate surrenders against advances
• Reconcile staff debtors accounts and promptly pass correct adjusting entries
• Prepare an aged debtors listing on a monthly basis and circulate to departmental heads
• Send monthly reminders to staff on overdue balances and actively pursue to ensure prompt settlement
Any other duties that may reasonably be required of post holder including:
• Prompt and orderly filing of records
• Participation in stock take and asset verification exercises
• Minimize foreign exchange losses in all transactions and flagging up potential losses in timely fashion
• Support training and the audit process
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and current Curriculum Vitae by 7th April 2022 to email@example.com; Subject: Finance Administrative Officer
Applications are currently accepted on a rolling basis.
Viya is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.