- January 17, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Lifting Hands International is looking for a Female Friendly Space Manager to start in February 2022 in Greece with a minimum six-month commitment.
Lifting Hands International operates a community center in Serres, a small city about an hour away from Thessaloniki in Northern Greece. We work with a population of 1000+ refugees at the local camps, providing regular aid distributions and a range of psychosocial support programs.
The Female Friendly Space (FFS) is a safe space for women and girls (>13yo), where we provide psychosocial support activities and capacity building. The space is tailored for open discussions and self-expression with the aim of empowering beneficiaries while promoting education and awareness around gender issues and women rights.
- Managing the day to day running of the space;
- Continued monitoring and evaluation of the FFS program;
- Training new FFS volunteers and weekly check-ins with FFS volunteers;
- Leading weekly FFS meetings and sourcing resources for each week’s activities;
- Managing a small team of international and resident volunteers;
- Attending weekly leadership meetings, and giving a brief report in weekly team meeting;
- Facilitating focus groups to gather feedbacks and suggestions from the beneficiaries, strengthening accountability mechanisms;
- Implementing strategies to engage the beneficiaries of the space in accordance with their needs and PPS guidelines; developing ways to empower beneficiaries and giving them the opportunity to acquire new skills (workshops, etc.)
- Referring safeguarding concerns and occasionally collaborating with external actors
- Assisting with other duties when required
Essential criterias :
- Due to the nature of the work and in order to create a safe space for the beneficiaries, only applications from women will be considered
- Min. commitment of 6 months
- Quick thinker, proactive, motivated, open minded, easily adaptable to a fast paced working environment
- Previous experience in development, gender studies, women’s spaces (WGSS) or similar
- Confident and strong leadership skills
- Enthusiasm for working with women and women’s rights
- Ability to work within a team
Desirable criterias :
- Knowledge of Arabic, Farsi, French and/or Kurdish
- Degree in Social Studies, International Development or similar
- EU/ international driving license.
This position requires a minimum time commitment of 6 months and minimum age 21+.
We offer free housing in our team apartments and a monthly stipend starting at 350 euros per month.
Please note that LHI cannot assist with visa application or work permit: candidates with EU citizenship or residency preferred.
How to apply
To apply, please fill out this application. Please send any questions you may have to our Director of Human Resources, Roman, at email@example.com.
To find out more about Lifting Hands International, you can visit our site at https://www.liftinghandsinternational.org/.