- March 28, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Fixed-term contract – 3 months
Starting date : ASAP
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in Ukraine
PUI intervenes in Ukraine since 2015, in response to the needs provoked by the conflict in Donbass. PUI develops its integrated approach with health, mental health, protection and WASH projects to improve and restore equitable access to quality health services as well as to water, sanitation and hygiene for the most vulnerable population living in cities located along the contact line in the Donetsk Oblast. PUI also technically and materially assists a large network of Health Facilities and social institutions to improve the quality of care provided to the population.
In order to support the populations affected by the conflict currently affecting the country, PUI is currently scaling up its activities in Donbass and in other regions of Ukraine.
What about the Emergency RRM Project Manager ?
As Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM) Project Manager, under the responsibility of the Field Coordinator, you will responsible for the implementation of RRM activities and the management of the RRM portion of the project.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Programs : You will ensure the proper implementation and monitoring of the RRM program under your responsibility.
- Human Resources : You will organize, supervise and support the RRM Team.
- Logistics and administration : You will ensure the logistical and administrative follow-up of the project.
- Representation: You will represent the association with partners, authorities and local actors involved in the implementation of humanitarian programs in the area.
- Security : You will contribute to compliance with the security rules on the base and share all security information with your line manager.
- Strategy : You will contribute to the development of new interventions based on identified needs.
The challenges that await you :
-Adaptability, responsiveness to changing circumstances
-Ability to evolve in a team / mission in rapid development
What you will need to succeed
- Training : You hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in Earth Sciences, Hydraulics and Sanitation or Project Management Engineer. A specialization in the field of emergency or on a specific “hot regions” would be appreciated. If you have a training in Project Management, it would be an asset.
- Experience : You are strengthened by minimum 1 year of experience abroad with international NGOs and by minimum 6 months in follow-up and emergency assessment. You have an experience in team management. An experience on a RRM Project and on a realization of multisectoral evaluations would be appreciated. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale ? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills : You master project management, have a good control of decentralization, an excellent editorial quality and you present great relational qualities. You master Office Pack, especially Excel, and if you have good knowledges in statistics, GIS (Map Info, Arc View, etc.) or in Database, it would be appreciated. All the better if you have a good understanding of institutional donors’ procedures (ECHO, UNHCR, EuropAid…).
- Qualities : You are able to work independently with initiative and responsibility. You show diplomacy, open-mindedness, good analytical skills and are a good communicator. You are organized and able to manage priorities. You have problem solving skills, and are able to work and manage professionally and maturely. You are able to integrate into the local environment, taking account of its political, economic and historical characteristics. You have also a strong resilience to stress.
- Languages : English has no secrets for you? All the better, it is mandatory for this position!
A word from the Manager
« A new position to be embodied in a dynamic context of a significant increase in the emergency response of PUI in Ukraine. »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 190,00 – 2 420,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.