- March 14, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The Disaster Preparedness Project Manager is responsible for the management of multi-sectoral disaster preparedness interventions implemented directly by Save the Children and our partners. These interventions aim to enhance the coping capacity of communities and authorities to mitigate risks (especially risks from natural hazards such as flooding, and disease outbreaks), and manage early response, thereby reducing disaster impact.
The postholder is expected to liaise across departments and with partners to ensure timely implementation of planned actions, maintaining the highest standards of technical quality, safeguarding, and accountability to affected populations; track and manage the overall programme budget; and resolve or escalate any gaps, concerns and challenges arising.
- At least 5 years of progressive responsibility working in humanitarian programmes with INGOs.
- Strong understanding of disaster preparedness and disaster risk reduction and management principles and practice.
- Demonstrable knowledge of community engagement strategies / accountability to affected populations, and experience of working on projects with strong community engagement components.
- Experience of working in consortia projects (preferably in a coordination role).
- Outstanding coordination and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels. Willingness to learn and share information.
- Demonstrated capacity to coordinate with multiple other stakeholders, including government authorities, community representatives, the UN and other humanitarian agencies.
- Commitment to achieving the highest levels of safeguarding and accountability to affected populations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Excellent computer skills in MS packages (Computer Applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Strong analysis, planning and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to work autonomously under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children, in particular a good understanding of Save the Children’s mandate and child focus.
- Specific knowledge and experience of preparedness, risk reduction and response in one of the following technical sectors: Health, WASH, Shelter-NFI, Cash, Food Security & Livelihoods.
- Experience of working within emergency response with an aid organisation, including in assessment, design and implementation of programming.
- Experience of working on capacity sharing projects with authorities and/or negotiation with authorities.
- Experience of managing large multi-million programme budgets.
- Experience of all elements of proposal and budget development.
- Understanding of humanitarian coordination and funding mechanisms. Demonstrable knowledge of international humanitarian law and principles.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4xMjc4NC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20