- March 17, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
To provide strategic and operational leadership for fundraising at the International Secretariat and oversee the implementation of Amnesty’s global fundraising strategy. Diversify and grow income across the movement from all income channels to enable the organisation to sustainably expand its reach for greater human rights impact.
To lead movement-wide engagement on high value fundraising, individual giving, and legacy fundraising, as well as facilitate investment in fundraising and develop best practice to guide the movement. To facilitate innovation in fundraising approaches across the global movement.
The postholder will drive the diversification of Amnesty’s fundraising portfolio. Continue to increase the income streams of Trust & Foundations, Major Donors and other large funders. This requires a high degree of connectivity with other parts of Amnesty to ensure that operational programmes can provide compelling proposals with high quality reporting.
As part of the directorate’s management team, participate in international meetings, including reporting to the International Board and the movement. Available to travel widely to facilitate good working relations with key Amnesty International entities, partners, global donors, and other organisations.
- Personally credible that generates the trust and confidence of managers and staff
- Leads by example and possesses a high degree of integrity and professionalism
- Possesses a high level of resilience and drive, able to be flexible and change orientation as required
- Handles challenges and conflict effectively, brokering solutions in order to achieve goals
- Looks to the future, with the ability to see links and opportunities that others might miss
- Applies concepts and learning from outside own field to deliver improvements and avoid problems
- Lead and develop Global Fundraising to deliver on its ambitious vision and goals, and support Amnesty’s global strategy 2022-2030.
- Lead a dynamic, high achieving department to:
- raise funds directly for the International Secretariat
- develop, promote and implement movement-wide capacity building programmes to increase movement income and the number of self-sustaining AI entities
- drive growth and diversification through design and implementation of large, restricted programmes of work; and promoting market potential of unrestricted funds
- manage the monitoring and reporting of restricted funds to donors
- Guide the implementation of high value fundraising strategies to deliver sustainable growth across all income channels: trusts and foundations, individuals, legacies, major donors, institutional, multilateral and bilateral donors, and corporate donors
- Lead and manage staff effectively creating an environment of high motivation, performance, creativity, and innovation
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive experience in fundraising and income channels in a multi-market setting
- Demonstrated excellence in both short and long-term analysis of global, regional and country level philanthropy landscapes, and familiarity with the impact of philanthropy on human rights
- Proven experience in innovation in using technology to connect and exploit fundraising or marketing opportunities capable of application to advocacy, mobilisation and campaigning
- Demonstrable success in managing and developing diverse teams, inspiring and motivating others, ensuring colleagues’ wellbeing, building collaboration and cooperation within and across teams and guiding delivery under pressure
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 10 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world.
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they’re denied. And whether we’re applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we’re all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
Benefits include 37 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and grace days), pension scheme, employee assistance programme, life assurance and many more benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional, engaging environment.
For further information on our benefits, please visit https://www.amnesty.org/en/careers/benefits/
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click ‘Apply for this Role’ below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let’s get to work.
*N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.***