DIPLOMA IN PUBLIC HEALTH
Public Health is the scientific discipline of safeguarding and enhancing the well being of general public by means of education, promotion of healthy ways of life, and extensive study of diseases and injury prevention. Public health experts review the impact on health of genetics, individual choice and the surroundings so as to create plans that safeguard the health of your family and local community.
In general, public health is concerned with safeguarding the overall health of whole populations. These populations can vary in size from a small neighborhood, to as big as an entire nation.
The public health professionals’ take up community programs to make people conscious of threats such as chemical poisoning and to address persistent problems afflicting the society. In an age of dwindling healthcare expenses, administrators’ are anticipated to conclude projects sooner and with less ground staff than ever before. This has strained many public administrators to implement their creative skills in scheming novel ways to lever the concerns they encounter. In simple terms, public health administration is the constant monitoring of health issues of public and educating them accordingly in ways that they can understand.
The Diploma course will equip the participants with relevant knowledge of the terminologies and major milestone in Public Health. The course is very important for those involved in Community Development and Health.
- Social and behavioral foundation of primary health care
- Health illness and behavior
- Social environment and Health
- Social reactions to diseases
- Environmental Health
- Public health in practice
- Introduction to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Hygiene Promotion
- Water Supply Standards: Water Quality
- Water and Sanitation initial needs Assessments
- Health Promotion and Community Participation
- Introduction to Epidemiology
- Analytic epidemiology
- Epidemic disease occurrence
- Data collection and summarizing
- Measures of risk and measures of association
- Displaying Public health Data: Graphs, maps and computer technology
- Public health surveillance
- Investigating and Outbreak
Who should enroll?
This diploma is suitable for persons working in or planning to enter the humanitarian sector, including staff of humanitarian aid organizations, government public health workers, and UN agencies. There are no prerequisites for this course. All participants are expected to have theoretical knowledge of humanitarianism, although humanitarian aid experience is not presumed
- All materials are made available through our Online Learning Platform
- Students should commit approximately 5-6 hours of their time per week
Online delivery of curriculum materials, exercises and templates.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit assignments at the end of every month.
Duration of course – 6 months
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $800
ORGANIZERS: Development Dimensions Africa
LANGUAGE: English only
Kindly confirm your participation with:
Online Training Coordinator
Development Dimensions Africa