DIPLOMA IN GENDER AND DEVELOPMENT
Gender is one of the fundamental ways in which the social life of human beings is organized and it is always practical that from infancy onwards parents often think that boys and girls are different. In many respects, gender issues have become so emotive when it comes to issues of inclusivity in development issues. We consider gender development as a representative of development in general and not as a unique development process. The development of boys and girls is certainly affected by both biological and social processes, and is influenced by interactions with parents, peers, school, and the culture at large.
At the moment there is growing global attention for the understanding of gender issues as they relate to development. This interest has gone beyond the analysis of gender differences to assessing the impact of gender disparities in relation to national and community development.
Many development experts have noted that Sustainable Development Goals cannot be attained without putting into perspective issues related to gender inequalities. This course therefore will try to critique and explore the impact of those disparities to development noting that gender equality issues touch all the areas of development such as politics, education, water, health and economics.
The course is geared towards promoting gender mainstreaming in various development institutions to reduce gender inequalities in the whole continuum of development.
At the end of the course, the participants will be equipped with analytical and conceptual knowledge and skills required to understand gender issues enabling them to play a greater role in gender and development planning and programming, research, policy making and programme interventions.
- To expose participants to gender and development issues
- To create understanding of how gender issues impact on development in theory and practice at the local and international levels
- To impart skills for analyzing gender issues, policies, plan projects and implement interventions
- To create gender consciousness in the planning and the implementation of development programmes and influence gender policies at all levels of development at both local, national and internationally
- Introduction to Gender and Development
- Gender and Human Rights
- Gender and Media
- Gender and Law
- Gender and Education
- Gender and Peace building
- Gender and Politics
- Gender and Economic Development
Who should enroll?
This diploma is suitable for persons working in or planning to enter the humanitarian sector, including staff of humanitarian aid organizations, governments, and UN agencies. There are no prerequisites for this course. All participants are expected to have theoretical knowledge of humanitarianism, although humanitarian aid experience is not presumed
- All materials are made available through our Online Learning Platform
- Students should commit approximately 5-6 hours of their time per week
Online delivery of curriculum materials, exercises and templates.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit assignments at the end of every month.
Duration of course – 6 months
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $800
ORGANIZERS: Development Dimensions Africa
LANGUAGE: English only
Kindly confirm your participation with:
Online Training Coordinator
Development Dimensions Africa