Diploma in Community Strategic Planning and Organizational Management
Many people have the urge to set up development organizations with the hope of addressing myriad development problems. Setting up an organization despite good intentions has its own challenges. Many organizations just like businesses die in the first three years due to lack of clear plans. Some of the challenges are related to lack of funding and human resources, governance and management issues, and more importantly , lack of clear vision and mission on how to drive the organization. In this Diploma Course, we take the learners through step by step processes of setting up an organization and managing to effectively to realize the objective for which it was set.
- Developing A Strategic Plan
- Overview of Strategic Planning
- Vision, Mission, Objectives, Strategies, and Action Plans
- Developing Vision and Mission Statement
- Creating Objectives
- Developing Successful Strategies
- Developing an Action Plan: Planning to Win
- Obtaining Feedback from Constituents
- Action Steps for Bringing About Community Change
Module 2. Developing an Organizational Structure
- Organizational Structure
- Your Initiative.
- Developing Multi-Sector Task Forces or Action Committees for the Initiative.
- Developing an On-going Board of Directors.
- Welcoming and Training the Board of Directors
- Maintaining a Board of Directors
- Writing By laws
- Including Youth and Women on Your Board, Committee
- Understanding and Writing contracts and Memoranda of Agreement
- Hiring and Training Key Staff for the Organizations
- Developing Plan for Staff Hiring and Training
- Preparing Job Descriptions and Selection Criteria
- Advertising for Positions. Interviewing for Positions
- Developing Personnel Policies
- Developing Staff Orientation Programs
- Developing Training Programs for Staff
- Recruiting and Training Volunteers
- Developing a Plan for Involving Volunteers.
- Recruiting Volunteers.
- Developing Volunteer Orientation Programs
- Developing Training Programs for Volunteers
- Training and Technical Assistance
- Designing a Training Session.
- Delivering a Training Session
- Organizing a Conference
- Organizing a Teleconference
- Organizing a Retreat
- Choosing a Consultant
- Serving as a Consultant
- All materials are made available through our Online Learning Platform
- Students should commit approximately 5-6 hours of their time per week
Online delivery of curriculum materials, exercises and templates.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit assignments at the end of each month.
COURSE DURATION: 6 months
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $800
ORGANIZERS: Development Dimensions Africa
LANGUAGE: English only
Kindly confirm your participation with:
Online Training Coordinator
Development Dimensions Africa