- March 28, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Creative Associates International is a fast-growing, social impact company that specializes in the areas of education, economic growth, democratic transitions, and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Chevy Chase, Maryland, this global development organization has a field presence is more than 25 countries and a strong client portfolio of that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department. Since its founding in 1977 by four enterprising women, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike. Creative Associates International has been working in Nigeria for more than a decade to support education programs in Nigeria.
Funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development and in close partnership with federal partners and select Nigeria States (designated as legacy [Bauchi and Sokoto], launching and technical assistance), the five-year Leveraging Education Assistance Resources in Nigeria (LEARN) project will support sustainable improvements in reading outcomes for first and second grade pupils. The goal of LEARN is to strengthen and scale early grade reading (EGR) best practice by ensuring that standards-based, context-appropriate assessment, materials, training, and administrative supports needed to improve literacy skills for P1-2 pupils are embedded within the federal policy, funding, and monitoring frameworks, and state and local authorities have the implementation protocols, capacity, and resources to carry out and sustain standards-based, data-driven EGR reform. The project objective is to instill ownership in and build capacity of school-community, local, state, and federal systems to establish a base for adequate, consistent data-driven funding, monitoring and performance that increase the equity, inclusion, and wellbeing necessary to achieve sustained EGR gains. LEARN will therefore be building on lessons learned from prior Nigeria reading programs to introduce a flexible, cost- efficient EGR intervention model that can be tailored to state contexts*.*
Design distance and blended learning courses, using creative, innovative, and evidence-based approaches. Develop dynamic, experiential virtual learning session designs, including macro designs, micro designs, and training and producer scripts.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
The Digital Learning Advisor will report to Senior Data Systems Advisor.
- Work with subject matter experts to develop distance learning programs. Work with clients to conduct learning assessments, research, document reviews, telephone interviews, and focus groups. Facilitate virtual learning events.
- Bring cutting edge thinking, methodologies, and approaches to integrate distance learning applications into trainings and convenings.
- Respond to on-demand requests concerning curriculum development and the use of technology.
- Collaborate with cross-objective managers to digitize content.
- Work with Senior Data Systems Advisor to provide capacity building, coordination, and monitoring support to Data Systems TA staff and consultants in Abuja and in Legacy, Launching, and On-Demand states.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in education, curriculum design, communications, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least six years’ experience relevant to this position required, with at least four years designing and delivering distance learning activities and programs for international audiences.
- At least three years of supervisory experience with groups or teams of staff required.
- International development experience, particularly in distance/online education.
- Strong planning, organization, critical and strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills with a dynamic, engaging facilitation style.
- Advanced proficiency in spoken and written English required, fluency preferred.
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Previous experience in similar role.
- Proven experience directly and indirectly supervising and managing staff and teams.
- Experience with a USAID-funded or other international organization implementing a program operating in insecure areas is desired.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent record keeping, and documentation skills are required.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (gender/race/disability/veteran) and provides equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please view Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.