- January 20, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
INSO provides daily support to more than 1,000 local and international NGOs across 18 conflict affected countries. Our platforms support the safety of aid workers and help protect the vital relief they deliver to vulnerable communities. We are a global NGO based in the Netherlands with our headquarters in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
We are now seeking a qualified and experienced individual to join our headquarters program team as Deputy Global Training Manager (DGTM). This post offers you an opportunity to support the safety of the humanitarian community and use your experience and skills to work with the Global Training Manager (GTM) to expand the INSO Training Department at the field and global levels.
INSO’s Training program has grown significantly during 2020-2021. The DGTM and GTM will work together to structure and develop INSO training activities at the global and country levels. Based in The Hague, the position requires frequent field visits to INSO country offices where we implement training activities: Afghanistan, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iraq, Jordan, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Somalia and South Sudan. An expansion to Haiti, Lebanon and Mozambique is envisioned in the future. This position requires 30-40% travel.
Based on partners’ needs, INSO offers professional learning solutions, with the following objectives:
- Every aid worker becomes a key contributor to humanitarian access and his/her own safety
- The professional and access-oriented security management systems of our partners is reinforced
- INSO trainings focus on ongoing humanitarian issues and current security challenges
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Technical Support to Country Offices (CO) Training teams
* Support field teams on Training Needs Assessment method.
* Develop and implement an internal Training of Trainers for INSO training teams.
* Contribute to the handover of INSO course packages and support their contextualisation.
* In coordination with GTM, answer day-to-day support requests from country training teams.
Structuring Country Office Training Departments
* Contribute to the “INSO Training Service Delivery Standards”, promote its implementation and ensure compliance during field visits and daily support requests.
* Observe working processes of INSO Training teams, propose adapted support and improvements as required (on-the-job learning solutions for Country Office Training teams)
* Identify, propose, develop and share common tools and good practices for Training teams.
* Foster cooperation between Country Office Training teams (M&E, communication to partners).
Strategy and development
* Contribute to Country Office strategic planning
* Lead digital learning initiatives as part of INSO’s 2022-2025 strategy.
* Support new course design (in-person or online, external or internal).
* Lead or co-facilitate thematic working groups
* Contribute to global training needs assessment.
* Co-organise, facilitate or co-facilitate global courses that can be deployed anywhere.
Support the Global Training Manager in any other tasks that contributes to INSO’s mandate and services.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Established expertise in instructional design and adult learning methods.
* Clear understanding of the digital learning sector.
* Experience with humanitarian safety and access management.
* Excellent French and English language skills, both written and oral.
* Demonstrated understanding of humanitarian principles and practices.
Nice to Have:
* Good understanding of INSO’s mandate and services.
* Demonstrated experience working with a range of stakeholders (e.g. from global headquarters to field teams).
* Work experience in conflict affected environments.
* Excellent communication and organizational skills.
* Excellent listening skills combined with the ability to interact confidently with staff to understand the problem and propose solutions
* Ability to work effectively and efficiently unsupervised.
* Strong work ethic and capacity to take responsibility.
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process. As such, the following safe recruitment practices will be applied:
* All offers of employment will be conditional on receiving at least two satisfactory professional references;
* INSO will ask candidates about significant gaps in employment history or frequent changes of employer and address;
* All essential qualifications and relevant professional accreditations and memberships will be verified;
* The successful candidate will be required to provide a valid proof of identity (passport, ID card);
* All new hires will receive an orientation in INSO’s safeguarding policy and procedures and associated documents (Code of Conduct, Whistleblowing etc.);
* All new hires will be required to sign and abide by the Code of Conduct as a condition of employment.
Terms & Conditions:
Fixed term (renewable) full-time contract based in The Hague, Netherlands, €5,250 per month, 8% vacation pay (vakentiegeld), 2.5 days annual leave per month. This post is eligible for Highly Skilled Migrant visa sponsorship and a resettlement allowance.
How to apply
Interested applicants are requested to send the following to email@example.com and reference “Deputy GTM” in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please include the following in your application:
* An up-to-date CV (2 page maximum).
* A cover letter explaining your motivation and interest in the position. Please explain how you meet the minimum requirements of the role.
Please do not send any additional information (such as copies of certificates, copies of diplomas, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible.