- December 7, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) Operations position on a USAID-funded Biodiversity project in South Sudan.
Position Description: Reporting to the Chief of Party (COP), the DCOP Operations will oversee effective and efficient operations in support of all Activity objectives including timely delivery of all required project financial, administrative, security, compliance, procurement, grants, and subcontract requirements. The DCOP will also serve as the donor point of contact in the absence of the COP. This is anticipated to be a full-time position based in Juba, South Sudan.
* Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as business administration, finance, policy or international development. Master’s degree in a relevant discipline is preferred;
* Minimum five (5) years’ progressively responsible COP or DCOP experience or equivalent experience managing operations including finance, security, grants management, developing project-specific policies and procedures, work planning and reporting, and procurement;
* Successful track record supervising project administrative staff;
* Strong understanding of financial management and oversight including development and implementation of effective internal controls;
* Demonstrated experience with security and risk management best practices; direct experience managing operations in South Sudan or other high-risk environments is strongly preferred;
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work and communicate effectively with staff from different backgrounds and cultural contexts;
* Professional fluency in written and spoken English is required.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/DCOPSSBiodiversity
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and if noted above, any additional requested documentation as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability