- March 21, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
This role is contingent on award.
Qualified Vietnamese nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
As Deputy Chief of Party, you will work as part of a team on a large project and provide oversight of a key function of the Vietnam Action Against Plastic Pollution project to serve the poor and vulnerable. Your management and technical knowledge will ensure the delivery of high-quality programming.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
· Manages key aspects of the development, implementation, and consolidation of the Vietnam Action Against Plastic Pollution project. Serves as a point of contact on areas of responsibility to USAID as well as public, private and non-government stakeholders, when needed.
· Manages key functions of the project to meet donor expectations in terms of timely delivery, quality results and budget. Contribute to ensuring coordination between program and operations leads. Contribute to ensuring the CRS program quality standards are adhered to per MEAL policy and procedures.
· Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching. Strategically tailor individual development plans and complete performance assessments for direct reports. Contribute to the development of staffing plans and the recruitment process of senior staff.
· Manage and mitigate risk through monitoring national and regional issues that may impact staff and programming. Ensure all staff understand and adhere to CRS staff safety and security policies and plans.
· Promote, uphold, and model a commitment to the efficient use of agency and donor resources. Help ensure compliance with USAID grant, including financial tracking and oversight of partner budgets, finance, administration and reporting to USAID.
· Maintain relationships with key staff of consortium partner organizations in regard to areas of responsibility. Contribute to coordination of the roles and activities of staff from other consortium member organizations in line with CRS partnership principles.
· Create and maintain proper conditions for learning. Establish a safe environment for sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to deficiencies. Identify performance gaps and training opportunities for CRS and partner staff and recommend trainings and technical assistance.
· Master’s degree in International Development, International Relations, Environmental Studies/ Management, Solid Waste Management, or a relevant technical area.
· 5 years’ relevant management and technical experience.
· 3 years’ experience managing donor funds. Knowledge and experience in budget management.
Required Languages – Strong written and spoken English is essential, spoken, and written Vietnamese is preferred.
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 30%.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Very good strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
· Very good relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
· Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams.
· Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented, and results-oriented.
· Recognized international development technical experience and qualifications in sectors related to urban environmental management, sustainable solid waste management, plastic pollution control (reduction, reuse and recycling), and natural resources management
· Demonstrated experience of successful management, including management of functions of complex, multi-activity projects.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships. Knowledge of CRS partnership strategy a plus.
- Knowledge of grants and sub-grants management and monitoring processes
- Experience working with government ministries in Vietnam and the ability to foster and maintain good working relationships.
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Continuous Improvement & Innovation
· Builds Relationships
· Develops Talent
· Strategic Mindset
· Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: To be determined
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: DRR & CCA PMII**,*** Head of programs, CRS Vietnam Country Manager, CRS MEAL Manager, and CRS DRR&CCA Regional Technical Advisor*
External: Range of consortium, government and civil society stakeholders **
*Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit their CV and cover letter on or before March 31st to firstname.lastname@example.org