- December 14, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Chevy Chase, MD, Creative has a field presence in more than twenty-five countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The Cost and Pricing Associate will be a member of the Cost and Pricing Unit in the Finance and Contracts (F&C) Division. The C&P Associate will work alongside Business Development, Contracts, programmatic, and other teams to develop proposals for future projects. For proposals, they will principally develop budgets and descriptive narratives of those budgets, but also assist in strategic pricing decisions and discussions on cost and operational realism. The C&P Associate will also assist with project and corporate financial analysis and other tasks as needed. The position is hybrid in-office & work-from-home, with flexibility for longer remote work as needed.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Cost and Pricing Associate will report to the Cost and Pricing Manager in the F&C Division.
- Lead proposal costing efforts, working closely with technical and proposal development teams;
- Prepare budget templates in accordance with funder requirements and Creative’s policies and procedures;
- Develop and revise complex proposal budgets in accordance with donor requirements using Microsoft Excel;
- Draft in-depth budget narratives using descriptive and persuasive language;
- Serve as point of contact to subcontractors and provide guidance to assist with the budget and other cost related matters;
- Attend and lead proposal budget meetings, provide costs based on proposal design inputs, and propose recommendations to the technical team to develop a competitive proposal;
- Prepare budget narratives for the cost proposal submission that are compliant and provide adequate cost justifications;
- Work closely Financial Analysis team to review budget modifications, assist in corporate forecasting and budgeting, and other financial analysis tasks as assigned; and
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.**Qualifications**
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- BBA or BA/BS in Accounting or Finance and Economics majors preferred;
- High proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, including ability to manipulate and use large spreadsheets, complex formulas, and pivot tables.
- Excellent writing skills with capacity to accurately and positively present budget information in writing.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in writing and verbally.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong planning, organizational, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Familiarity with the USAID project life cycle and knowledge of international development implementation.
- One year of experience in cost & pricing or other financial analysis or related experience; and
- Basic proficiency in a second language, especially Spanish, French, Arabic, or Portuguese.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (gender/race/disability/veteran) and provides equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please view Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.