- December 9, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
- CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements. In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position:
- Our client is not undertaking a project that aims at increasing access to primary & secondary health services facilities (general hospitals, local health centers & therapeutic feeding centers) in Yemen, through restoring the physical infrastructure of health facilities (rehabilitation, maintenance works & minor repairs ) in targeted areas.
- They will be responsible for the design & rehabilitation works of the health, ensuring highest standards in design facilities, rehabilitation works & respect of ‘state of the art’ requirements for safety, sustainability, security & disability access. In addition, our client will be responsible to provide the targeted facilities with priority medical equipment & supplies, as well as strengthening capabilities through trainings & awareness raising.
- The consultant engineer will be a member of a team work, composed of 5 engineers (Architect, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Medical Devices Engineer). The team will be under the direct supervision of the Team Leader, site engineer & the Project Manager. The team will perform site visits to the assigned hospital & carry out all site works & office works to prepare the assessment & technical studies properly, according to the criteria & standards required for rehabilitation of such as those significant health facilities.
- Supervising the implementation of mechanical works on the site.
- Review & approve shop drawings of mechanical work items, submitted by the contractor’s before commencing works.
- Check & approve samples of all used construction materials, provided by the contractors before starting work & ensure that all required quantities are supplied as per the same specifications of the approved samples.
- Monitoring & following up the implementation of works including quality, quantity & time.
- Check & approve the executed works submitted by the contractor’s requests & as built drawings.
- Prepare work progress reports.
- Document all activities of the project.
- Conduct any task required as per the direction of the Team Leader, the Site Engineer & the Project Manager.
- S / He has to work side by side cooperatively with the rest team’s engineers.
- This role reports to the Team Leader, the Site Engineer & the Project Manager.
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 6 – 10 years working experience in project assessment, design & management experience in rehabilitation projects & construction projects.
- A previous experience in rehabilitation & construction of hospitals is an asset.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills is preferable.
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience in the usage of computers & software packages (drawing software, structural software, office (MS Word, Excel, etc.) & advance knowledge of spreadsheet & database packages is required.
- Excellent knowledge in written & oral of English & Arabic languages is required.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website & apply for this role using the below link: