Certificate in Leadership and Management of Humanitarian Action
The increasing complexity, scale, and scope of humanitarian action calls for enhanced professionalism to manage humanitarian programs and projects. Professionals working in humanitarian organizations are required to be equipped with a number of competencies to be able to deliver services they are called for in a diligent manner.
This Certificate course examines Leadership and management fundamentals across the diverse increasing complex humanitarian stakeholder mix. It begins with theoretical and conceptual underpinnings that characterize human action, the module critically analyses the more salient management issues and challenges in the contemporary humanitarian action, and examines the more commonly applied models and strategies employed across a range of management functions.
Classroom teaching will include lectures, class discussions, videos, oral presentations, written assignments and group projects.
- Introduction; humanitarian principles, humanitarian system, management fundamentals, leadership, coordination and accountability
- Logistics; purchases, transport, stock control and distribution, management of technical assets such as vehicles, food, vaccinations and refugee care items
- Personnel management
- Management process-issues of intervention; strategic planning, programs and projects
- Project management; context analysis, project planning and project implementation
- Monitoring and evaluation: project design
- Security management
- Financial management; budgeting and management
After they have read the material for each unit, students are expected to test their own Learning by completing some relevant exercises and tasks.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit three assignments.
DURATION: 3 Months
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $400
ORGANIZERS: Development Dimensions Africa
FORMAT: Online Learning
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT: email@example.com