Certificate in Information Communication and Technology
The need for professionals with a strong information technology background will continue to increase as business, government, schools, and other organizations seek new applications for computers and networks in the workplace. This certificate is designed as an introductory program for those who want to explore a range of information technology subject areas before deciding on an area of specialization. Students gain an overview of information systems.
This course will give you the skills necessary to get the most out of your computer by building on your basic understanding of computers and giving you a higher level understanding of information and communications technology.
- By the end of this course the students should be able to;
- Describe the main components of a personal Computer
- Elucidate the key characteristics of memory and describe the importance of memory Hierarchy
- Describe Database Management Systems and its importance
- Understand and define Computer Viruses and its origin
- Understand the basic Communications Devices
- Define the role of ICT in Learning and governance.
- Introduction to PC
- Storage Organization
- Output devices
- Computer Networks
- Introduction to Database management
- Fundamentals of data Communication
- Introduction to communication media and communication devices.
- Software vulnerabilities
- Application of ICT – E-commerce
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit three assignments.
DURATION: 3 Months
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $400
ORGANIZERS: Development Dimensions Africa
FORMAT: Online Learning
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org