Certificate in Entrepreneurship Development
This online Entrepreneurship Program is a revolutionary new online learning program designed to inspire and engage participants in the fundamental aspects of an entrepreneurial mindset and the unlimited opportunities it can provide. The overall objective is to empower learners through entrepreneurial thinking and immerse them in entrepreneurial experiences that will enable them to develop entrepreneurial skills.
This interdisciplinary course is designed to help students to discover and develop the personal attributes needed become a successful entrepreneur or intrapreneur. The core of the course focuses on the discovery and understanding of entrepreneurial attitudes and behaviours within oneself. The student will begin to understand the competencies required to be an entrepreneur through case studies, creative problem solving and exercises aimed at self-development. Students will identify, discuss and grow an idea about a business they might one day start. They will have an opportunity to participate in the business planning process.
By the end of this course, the learner should be able to:-
- Research and evaluate the personal attributes and skills that characterize the “successful” entrepreneur.
- Compare their personal characteristics and interests to that of the “successful” entrepreneur.
- Identify and assess sources of support for small businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Research and explain issues relevant to entrepreneurs such as “green” business practices, environmental sustainability, social entrepreneurship, and intellectual property.
- Identify the critical factors that are used to identify business start-up ideas – including forms of ownership.
- Identify and evaluate methods of entering an entrepreneurship venture – including but not limited to starting a new venture, buying an existing business, or becoming a franchisee.
- Identify the financial, marketing, legal, human resource, operations, and general management skills that are necessary to successfully launch and operate a successful new venture.
- identify the critical concepts of business planning that are used to:
- increase the chances for business success;
- seek out financing sources
- Introduction to entrepreneurship concept
- Forms of business
- Preliminary preparation to become an entrepreneur
- Start up Business
- Business and Financial Management
- New forms of business strategy
- Marketing and branding (A case study of energy entrepreneur)
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit three assignments.
DURATION: 3 Months
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $400
ORGANIZERS: Development Dimensions Africa
FORMAT: Online Learning
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT: email@example.com