Certificate Course in Conflict Management
Wherever different personalities meet in everyday professional life, different views and interpretations are on the agenda. This often leads to open or hidden conflicts. It is crucial not to fear conflicts or consider them as disturbing, but much more as a chance for better and more creative problem solving! Because the problem is not the conflict itself, but the handling of the conflict situation!
In order to use this potential optimally, it is necessary to have a mastery of tools with which one’s own logic and ways of thinking become visible to others, and help them to decode the individual interests behind them. One’s own attitude and approach to the logic of others determines the guises and escalation steps of conflicts. These decisive aspects are therefore focussed on in our conflict management seminars.
- By the end of the course, the learner should be able to;
- Define conflict.
- Identify assumptions of conflict.
- Recognize the five styles of conflict resolution and the benefits and pitfalls of each style.
- Demonstrate the important role Communication plays in conflict prevention and management
- Understand the principles of negotiation, mediation, and advocacy
- Select and apply negotiation, mediation, and advocacy skills in a variety of social work contexts,
- Discuss the effect that power has on conflict resolution.
- Implement a strategy for continuous conflict management.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit three assignments.
DURATION: 3 Months
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $400
ORGANIZERS: Development Dimensions Africa
FORMAT: Online Learning
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org