- March 3, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
About the role:
Duty Station: Kampala.
The purpose of this post is to support the Award Management leadership in the
planning, securing and managing of humanitarian awards. The position plays a lead role in award
information management and shares and coordinates information across departments.
Under the direction of the Award Manager, the Awards Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring
that the SCI programme adheres to all its award management obligations internally within Save the
Children and externally with donors and other relevant stakeholders. This will include coordinating
between teams to produce financial and narrative reporting relating to donor awards and data quality in
the Award Management System. This will ensure compliance with financial and administrative requirements, donor specific requirements and to make recommendations for improvements.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 3 years’ experience with International NGO’s particularly those addressing human/children’s rights and those applying partnership approaches is desirable
- Experience working with international donors such the UN, ECHO, European commission and compliance requirements
- Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities. Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Full computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on March 8, 2022 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=dC5tdXJlbmdhLjY4NzQ5LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ