- March 14, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health and Care Practices, Gender and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2019, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 17 million people in more than 49 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
The recent development in Ukraine might lead between one to three million Ukrainians, out of a population of 44 million, to try to leave their country in the coming weeks, UN agencies estimate.
ACF as a humanitarian actor has decided to take urgent steps to help Ukraine prepare for the war’s probable humanitarian fall-outs. If war continues – particularly if followed by occupation – tens or hundreds of thousands of people, potentially even more, could be displaced, seeking safety and security in the neighboring countries (Romania, Moldavia, Poland).
In this context ACF will run an exploratory mission in Ukraine and neighboring countries. The assessment team will be first based in Poland. While assessing the needs, we anticipate the recruitment of the team who will take over after the first of evaluation.
This team will be composed of:
An Emergency Team Leader
A Deputy Country Representative
A Logistics Coordinator
A Human Resources Coordinator
A Wash Coordinator
A Food and Security and Livelihood Head of Department
A Mental Health and Psychological Support Head of Department
A Security Coordinator
All those positions are on recruitment process and may change according to the needs identified. This team might be based in Ukraine or in any neighboring country. Updates will be communicated during the recruitment process.
As Team Leader/Country Representative, you will provide overall leadership of the mission/emergency response in order to ensure a timely and quality response in line with identified needs. You work under the responsability of the Emergency Readiness and Response Unit (ERRU) Director.
More specifically :
– You support emergency program implementation
– You recruit and manage the team at field level
– You represent ACF and liaise with regional authorities, UN, NGOs at field and regional level
– You are responsible for security and safety on the mission/base
You hold a Master Degree in international relations, humanitarian and development studies, or similar field. You have at least 5 years of experience as Field coordinator or in similar positions. You have a proven experience of working in humanitarian emergencies context. You have a professional experience managing a team (supervision, delegation, motivation, addressing conflicts). You have an extensive knowledge and understanding of humanitarian coordination mechanism and an ability to grasp a wide range of complex issues and synthetize them strategically. You have strategic and critical thinking. You are organised, able to set priorities you demonstrate autonomy, decision making and ability to work under pressure.
You are fluent in English. Knowledge of Ukrainians or Polish will be a great added value to your application.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
– 6 months fixed term contract under French legislation
– Monthly gross salary from 2735 to 3185EUR upon experience
– Monthly per diem and living allowance: to be defined
– Monthly country allowance: to be defined
– Child allowance: 1500EUR per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000EUR/year)
– 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
– Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
– Medical coverage: 100% coverage of health contributions (social security + health insurance) and repatriation insurance
– Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 EUR at each RnR period
– Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
How to apply
Pour postuler, cliquez sur ce lien / To apply, please click on this following link : apply here